PDA

View Full Version : Tweets underneath gas pedal, mids mounted in front seat bottums firing up. Good idea?

eharri3
03-20-2009, 12:34 PM
I just figured nobody ever tried it before but maybe it might sound good. Considering this, wanting to know if anybody has tried it. OK I'll be honest, I've already done it but didn't want to admit it. I have no clue what good sound is but I already bought all the speakers and had them installed and now I'm trying to convince myself I'm happy with it and I'd like other people to chime in and say it sounds like a good idea and they think it'll sound good. Im asking for opinions but I don't actually want anybody to disagree with me, I only want people who will tell me I have come up with some awesome revolutionary concept of speaker placement and taken SQ to a new level.

The rest of my SQ setup consists of a 15 getting 5000 watts, rear components getting 200 watts from my two channel, front door and dash components all run off the head unit. If anybody wants to chime in and tell me how great of a setup that sounds like I'd appreciate it too but if you don't think it's a good setup Id rather not hear from you.

Just to clarify I'm only asking for positive opinions, if anybody thinks anything is wrong with my system don't even bother posting cause I know you're all just hatin.

jco1385
03-20-2009, 12:35 PM
:hilariou:

eharri3
03-20-2009, 12:41 PM
Why you laughin at me. Why everybody on here always gotta be hatin. You know I hate this place, I come here tryin to get some genuine input and honest opinions on my setup and people just wanna bash and hate on me because they get all brave and tough on the net and have fun puttin other people down and makin them feel bad about themselves. If you don't want to tell me you like my system and agree with my idea STFU and stay out of this thread, it's only for people who agree with me and have nothing critical to say.

farmerehsan
03-20-2009, 12:42 PM
make sure u wrap the wires for the tweetes aroudn the brake and gas pedal so they dont get in the way

ThatChevyGuy
03-20-2009, 12:43 PM
You're a ******* troll.

KHARPS
03-20-2009, 12:45 PM
Why you laughin at me. Why everybody on here always gotta be hatin. You know I hate this place, I come here tryin to get some genuine input and honest opinions on my setup and people just wanna bash and hate on me because they get all brave and tough on the net and have fun puttin other people down and makin them feel bad about themselves. If you don't want to tell me you like my system and agree with my idea STFU and stay out of this thread, it's only for people who agree with me and have nothing critical to say.

So which one do you want? People to be honest with you or agree with you? Because you definitely did not do anything revolutionary for sq....at all. I'm not trying to bash on you but I'm being honest.

jco1385
03-20-2009, 12:46 PM

@ OP

cj407
03-20-2009, 12:49 PM
OP should be banned just for thinking this thread is amusing....

jco1385
03-20-2009, 12:50 PM
I just figured nobody ever tried it before but maybe it might sound good. Considering this, wanting to know if anybody has tried it. OK I'll be honest, I've already done it but didn't want to admit it. I have no clue what good sound is but I already bought all the speakers and had them installed and now I'm trying to convince myself I'm happy with it and I'd like other people to chime in and say it sounds like a good idea and they think it'll sound good. Im asking for opinions but I don't actually want anybody to disagree with me, I only want people who will tell me I have come up with some awesome revolutionary concept of speaker placement and taken SQ to a new level.

The rest of my SQ setup consists of a 15 getting 5000 watts, rear components getting 200 watts from my two channel, front door and dash components all run off the head unit. If anybody wants to chime in and tell me how great of a setup that sounds like I'd appreciate it too but if you don't think it's a good setup Id rather not hear from you.

Just to clarify I'm only asking for positive opinions, if anybody thinks anything is wrong with my system don't even bother posting cause I know you're all just hatin.

:fyi:

eharri3
03-20-2009, 12:51 PM
So which one do you want? People to be honest with you or agree with you? Because you definitely did not do anything revolutionary for sq....at all. I'm not trying to bash on you but I'm being honest.

I just want people to tell me it's a good idea and to tell me my overall setup sounds good. You know what, you're a hater just like all the rest of the haters. Good sound is subjective, everybody on here says it so that means any random system anybody puts together sounds good as long as they like it themselves. Im gonna keep this setup (Oops I mean get it installed some time in the distant future) because I know it'll sound good I don't care what any of you say. You all are just jealous cause you're sound won't massage you on the buttocks and toes like mine will.

Annnarbor84
03-20-2009, 12:51 PM

:rolleyes:

C3 Customs
03-20-2009, 12:52 PM
Tweets underneath gas pedal

Will pull your sound stage down to towards the floor,

mids mounted in front seat bottums firing up. Good idea?

Possibly but again you can run into staging issues.

If your rear speakers are getting more power vs the fronts then you are in essence pulling your stage down and to the rear.

But that is what I can see happening with the information that you have listed

Now as far as it sounding good, if you like it then that is all that matters

Annnarbor84
03-20-2009, 12:52 PM
I just want people to tell me it's a good idea and to tell me my overall setup sounds good. You know what, you're a hater just like all the rest of the haters. Good sound is subjective, everybody on here says it so that means any random system anybody puts together sounds good as long as they like it themselves. Im gonna keep this setup (Oops I mean get it installed some time in the distant future) because I know it'll sound good I don't care what any of you say. You all are just jealous cause you're sound won't massage you on the buttocks and toes like mine will.

That would be a complete lie:fyi:

James Bang
03-20-2009, 12:53 PM
OP should be banned just for thinking this thread is amusing....

This thread IS amusing. YOU should be banned.

OP: that is a great idea. As long as you like how it sounds... that's what SQ is all about!

Just like how if you like DJ UNK then it's considered SQ music.

farmerehsan
03-20-2009, 12:53 PM
op...
http://www.creepygif.com/images/thumb/38.jpg

James Bang
03-20-2009, 12:54 PM
That would be a complete lie:fyi:

it's a great idea if he likes it. you don't know wtf you're talking about.

Annnarbor84
03-20-2009, 12:54 PM

Like you do *** hole:rolleyes:

mcsoul
03-20-2009, 12:55 PM
I think it will sound great. First you need to remove a lot of your seat cushion right
above the mid. Then you need to take about a 9" wide industrial drill and drill a hole in
your torso from just above your ***** directly to your anus. Then the mid range will really
open up.

eharri3
03-20-2009, 12:58 PM
I think it will sound great. First you need to remove a lot of your seat cushion right
above the mid. Then you need to take about a 9" wide industrial drill and drill a hole in
your torso from just above your ***** directly to your anus. Then the mid range will really
open up.

But won't that hole negatively affect imaging and soundstage height?

James Bang
03-20-2009, 01:01 PM
Like you do *** hole:rolleyes:

i think i somewhat do.

eharri3
03-20-2009, 01:01 PM

See this is what I was looking for, you're obviously the only guy here who knows what he's talkin about and can keep an open mind.

James Bang
03-20-2009, 01:02 PM
See this is what I was looking for, you're obviously the only guy here who knows what he's talkin about and can keep an open mind.

yes, i'm one of the few here of that nature..

Girr
03-20-2009, 01:03 PM
Would it sound ok If you hung the mids and subs from the celing by fisihing line next to your head? Just wondering dont respond if your not nice. LMAO!!

mcsoul
03-20-2009, 01:04 PM
But won't that hole negatively affect imaging and soundstage height?

I see you where using your body to absorb all the nasty upper midrange
breakup. Carry on then.

eharri3
03-20-2009, 01:05 PM
Would it sound ok If you hung the mids and subs from the celing by fisihing line next to your head? Just wondering dont respond if your not nice. LMAO!!

Dude... have you seen pics of my system before or something?

Annnarbor84
03-20-2009, 01:06 PM

Why because he agrees with you:rolleyes: I will agree with you op, it will sound great, really it will

audiolife
03-20-2009, 01:06 PM
why not mount compression horns onder your bumper so peeps can hear your skeep going down the street?

eharri3
03-20-2009, 01:08 PM
why not mount compression horns onder your bumper so peeps can hear your skeep going down the street?

Nawww, Im not lookin to try anything CRAZY. I mean I don't see how that would make any sense.

James Bang
03-20-2009, 01:08 PM
Why because he agrees with you:rolleyes: I will agree with you op, it will sound great, really it will

you're just hatin'. gtfo

hoss
03-20-2009, 01:11 PM
LMAO askingfor only positive input... If you arent willing to listen to the critics you wont ever learn... If you just want someone to tell you that you are okay doing this, go somewhere else. We dont stand for that kind of douchebaggery.

audiolife
03-20-2009, 01:12 PM
I know a civic that had an oz speaker set installed in the floor firing up and it had a very rough time with stage heigth.

tez4life
03-20-2009, 01:13 PM
Dude, seeing you get ripped a new one is painfull to watch. Im sure more jokes are coming lol, so Ill offer some constructive criticism.

If you wanted SQ and some decent staging, I would suggest a set of kick panels. ONE good set of comps up front, screw the rears, and use some type of gain on you subbass to blend it it with your comps. Thats all.

But, this is your car, if you wanted to mount the mids to your balls and the tweeters to the tip of your ****, and it sounded good to you then hey thats your call. Hate to run that wire though, and that sound deading would just be painful :fyi:

Good luck.

jco1385
03-20-2009, 01:15 PM
Dude, seeing you get ripped a new one is painfull to watch. Im sure more jokes are coming lol, so Ill offer some constructive criticism.

If you wanted SQ and some decent staging, I would suggest a set of kick panels. ONE good set of comps up front, screw the rears, and use some type of gain on you subbass to blend it it with your comps. Thats all.

But, this is your car, if you wanted to mount the mids to your balls and the tweeters to the tip of your ****, and it sounded good to you then hey thats your call. Hate to run that wire though, and that sound deading would just be painful :fyi:

Good luck.

he's a troll :fyi:

James Bang
03-20-2009, 01:15 PM
he's a troll :fyi:

so who got ripped a new one??

Annnarbor84
03-20-2009, 01:16 PM
you're just hatin'. gtfo

And your a fu cking douchebag;)

jco1385
03-20-2009, 01:17 PM
so who got ripped a new one??

:confused:

Pyro_By_Nature
03-20-2009, 01:20 PM
Man you trolls need some new material.

James Bang
03-20-2009, 01:21 PM
And your a fu cking douchebag;)

more hatin'? don't you ever stop, you hata'? It's okay if the OP's system sounds better than yours. We'll still accept ya.

EuphoricBass247
03-20-2009, 01:44 PM
LMAO at james bang getting his ******* in a bunch at the "hata's".go get yourself a new tampon

James Bang
03-20-2009, 01:46 PM
LMAO at james bang getting his ******* in a bunch at the "hata's".go get yourself a new tampon

you have no idea what you're talking about.