PDA

View Full Version : IS300 box design problems...

j1b1e1
03-20-2009, 01:37 AM
I've got 2 13w7's going in the back of my is300. The problem is that I have no trunk...but worse is the fact that the back seat and rear deck are solid... All I have is a 8"x10" "ski port" and 2 6"x9" speakers in the rear deck. I'm concerned that my sound won't make it in the cab (as good as it should). Any suggestions, I hope I'm wrong. Fire away!

xplayazplayzonx
03-20-2009, 01:41 AM
i think it will make it through fine. my friend has 1 12w7 and i feel like im gona die in there. you going to put in 2 13w7 dang haha i feel like that going to be destruction. it takes little effort for all that bass to pass through.

j1b1e1
03-20-2009, 01:49 AM
I've always had a blow thru in my mini or a hatch. So now I'm thinking if I point to the back I'll have hella rattles, or if I face to the front I can't show off the subs.....unless I use Lexan or Plexi for the rear of the box.... but the slot port will cover some of it. Delima's Also, I can't find any builds with the is300 on the net, CRAZY. There's a build for a tricycle and a Yugo, but not my car... Anyways, I'm also thinking of pulling the 6x9's (either way) and porting up, except that would be a pain to line up and figure port on, not to mention the potential for port noise. I can't wait to drop these two in this car! I've got a 1000/1 for each, should be quite loud (even for JL - for all the JL bashers) BTW I'm no JL fanboy, just a guy who got a "deal".

SRim23
03-20-2009, 01:56 AM
I dont know how in depth you wanna get with the install but heres an idea from a previous build.

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=345760

most on here will give you the advice to get rid of your 6x9's and just go with a component set up front. I did in my car and unless i tell people they dont realize I dont have rear speakers.....

Supergumby5000
03-20-2009, 02:02 AM
there are plenty of options

1) start cutting

2)build a regular box and always leave the port hole open

3) option 2+ remove rear speakers for more air flow, and get a nice strong front stage setup

4) port the box through the ski hole (i've never personally done this though, so you may want to ask more about this)

azbass
03-20-2009, 02:06 AM
do not cut up an IS300. please, remove the rear speakers. it will sound and be just fine.

j1b1e1
03-20-2009, 10:15 AM
I've got a strong front stage, and I do plan on pulling the rear 6x9's. Although I do have a set of 6 1/2's I was thinking of finding a place for in the rear. I think the holes in the rear deack will help though... Now onto box design...

j1b1e1
03-20-2009, 01:56 PM
Here's a thread that contains pic's of how the bracing is on the backside of the seat and the rear deck. This is why I have the question on how to best get the bass/air movement to the front cab area. That's the tightest bracing I've ever seen!

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?p=4667743

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?p=4667743

Now you've seen the problem still think it'll make it to the cab ok?