PDA

View Full Version : time for a new box.....I ThiNK!?

Bavarian3
09-04-2003, 01:56 AM
Well ive been contemplating wether to build a new box or not and whether i should build another sealed box or go ported. My trunk ***** and is hard to work with. I cant get even 4 cubes out of it.

I have 2 10" Re SE's. they are in a 2.5 CuFt after displacement sealed box. The box wasnt very well made. no bracing. no chamber seperation. The cuts werent done too well. Despite this the sounds still sound amazing. Now for my question....

If i go sealed again. Itll be bigger. Hopefully about 3+ cubes. So will the subs get llouder or sound better in a bigger better made box? or do u think i wouldnt notice a difference.

If i go ported. Im thinking about tuning to 30hz. I have an ear for SQ and i dont wana lose any of it. So if i made about a 3 CuFt box tuned to 30hz will i get a good jump in SPL?

And how the helll would i make this box i know very little about how to get the tuning frequency of a box.

TeamPSI
09-04-2003, 02:13 AM
Run 3 cubes after displacements at 32hz...should RULE! ;)

Bavarian3
09-04-2003, 02:22 AM
Run 3 cubes after displacements at 32hz...should RULE! ;)

that sounds good. And what about my building a bigger sealed box, u think that would be a waste of time? Is the jump in SPL pretty legit going from sealed to ported with the SE's and why do u say 32hz instead of 30hz. I wana keep my SQ as much as possible oh and i dont have a SSF.

TeamPSI
09-04-2003, 02:23 AM
ok then go to 30...
honestly...youd probably not notice the difference.

Ported rulez

Bavarian3
09-04-2003, 02:27 AM
honestly...youd probably not notice the difference.

whats this refferring to?

So i guess i decided on ported. would my subs be fine without a SSF tuning to 32 hz? Do u got an AIM sn.

marleyskater420
09-04-2003, 02:39 AM
Well ive been contemplating wether to build a new box or not and whether i should build another sealed box or go ported. My trunk ***** and is hard to work with. I cant get even 4 cubes out of it.

I have 2 10" Re SE's. they are in a 2.5 CuFt after displacement sealed box. The box wasnt very well made. no bracing. no chamber seperation. The cuts werent done too well. Despite this the sounds still sound amazing. Now for my question....

If i go sealed again. Itll be bigger. Hopefully about 3+ cubes. So will the subs get llouder or sound better in a bigger better made box? or do u think i wouldnt notice a difference.

If i go ported. Im thinking about tuning to 30hz. I have an ear for SQ and i dont wana lose any of it. So if i made about a 3 CuFt box tuned to 30hz will i get a good jump in SPL?

And how the helll would i make this box i know very little about how to get the tuning frequency of a box.

ported=godlike...come by san ramon..ill help you build ur box..hehee my box wangs...ill help u build it no worries.and then we'll put it next to ur car and setoff its alarm...OH nother alarm today..didnt mean to though.2 in 2days...nice

Bavarian3
09-05-2003, 02:48 AM
ported=godlike...come by san ramon..ill help you build ur box..hehee my box wangs...ill help u build it no worries.and then we'll put it next to ur car and setoff its alarm...OH nother alarm today..didnt mean to though.2 in 2days...nice

did u do a slot port or round port? im looking to go round port cuz it seems much easier. i just duno where to get the ports from, how far is san ramon from SJ.

marleyskater420
09-05-2003, 03:05 AM
did u do a slot port or round port? im looking to go round port cuz it seems much easier. i just duno where to get the ports from, how far is san ramon from SJ.
round?wtf?dude its so hard to cut circles.slot port works fine man.and its so easy.ill design ur box just gimme all the parameters for it.45minutes away.

Bavarian3
09-05-2003, 03:09 AM
round?wtf?dude its so hard to cut circles.slot port works fine man.and its so easy.ill design ur box just gimme all the parameters for it.45minutes away.

lol wut u mean its hard to cut circles. The reason slot is hard is because my box is gona be slanted in the front. since my subs are inverted.