PDA

View Full Version : focal vs. rainbow

ejschultz
03-19-2009, 07:04 PM
i had a post about 2 or 3 weeks ago about getting some focal 136v speakers from a guy in an impala forum. i'm not sure exactly what's going on with that deal, he's not responding to PMs or phone calls. may be a job for paypal to step in. anyways, i'm looking at some rainbow slc 230, slc 230.25, or focal 130a1 components. all are classified as 5.25. does anyone have any suggestions or feedback about any of these speakers. or possibly other 5.25 components in their price range? i'm looking to definitely improve my front soundstage. i like somewhat of a bright tweeter and i'm not necessarily looking to get bass out of them. just really good mids and highs. thanks in advance.

ejschultz
03-20-2009, 06:02 PM
well, i was wrong the focals came today. i haven't got them in yet, but they sounded pretty decent hooked up to a stereo amp inside. i'm either going to put them in tonight or possibly tomorrow sometime. not sure when. they're a definite upgrade from the infinity plates i have up there.

SlowCamaro
03-20-2009, 06:08 PM
i love focals

Echo42987
03-21-2009, 09:49 AM
no offense...there are a thousands threads on this. Search and you'll see

mcsoul
03-21-2009, 11:15 AM
http://lovegirls.co.uk/content/funnypictures/Taste__The_Rainbow.jpg

redcalimp5
03-21-2009, 11:48 PM
http://lovegirls.co.uk/content/funnypictures/Taste__The_Rainbow.jpg

JESUS, that is SUCH a great pic. :omg:

ejschultz
03-22-2009, 09:51 PM
no offense...there are a thousands threads on this. Search and you'll see

sorry, i for some reason didn't even think to do a search on this. although it's a little late, i'll do it now.

i've got the focals installed in my caprice, which by the way was not the easiest install to accomplish because there's supposed to be 4x6s in the doors and the standard adapter obviously doesn't work well with components, nor would it work at all in my factory brackets that were in my doors for the 4x6s. the guy i got them from did have a bracket made for me, but there was still a lot of work i had to do to get that bracket to fit. needless to say, they're in and they sound great. i bought them used, but he only had them in his impala for a week and decided he didn't like them. they're still not completely broken in, but every time i listen to them, they get better and better. overall, i'm extremely happy with the sound they offer...for now. who knows what the future will bring. maybe i'll want some rainbows...well, after seeing that pic, i definitely want rainbows now, but i'm currently unemployed and i've wasted enough money on the focals for now. guess i shouldn't say wasted cause they're ******, but you know what i mean.

azbass
03-22-2009, 09:54 PM
ok cool