PDA

View Full Version : Need Some Experience wif new system build

LethalProphecy
03-19-2009, 12:10 AM
So I'm getting my girlfriends car this summer because she is getting a new one. It's a 98 Mitsubishi Eclipse and just to save you some time it has 4" in the dash I'm putting 5.25" in the front doors and 6.5" in the rear side panels. I'm under a budget of about 1500$ I can go a little higher if necessary. I've been looking at JL just to get something to go off of but of course they are a little bit expensive, I don't want components to save money just real good coaxials.

I plan to hook up a 4 channel amp to them all with the just the right amount of RMS to each channel with a passive crossover on the 4" to even out the watts, but I can't seem to find a good cheap one though besides a Polk Audio amp but I've heard some bad things about them and I'd rather find something else. I plan to put some beast 12s in it with an elemental design amp, but that is not until later, could anyone help me find a good SPL system with the budget in mind. No custom fabrication ideas not yet atleast.

redgst97
03-19-2009, 12:15 AM
I have a 1997 Eclipse.....

6.5" speakers will fit in the front doors with no problems.
The dash has a 2 or 3-inch "tweeter" up top.
Its been a LONG time, but I think the rears are 6x9s.

My suggestion would be a decent component set for the front....midbass in the doors and tweeter up top
OR
skip the speakers up top, and just go with a good set of coax in the doors. Again, 6.5"

Rear, do what you like....6x9s or another set of 6.5 with a spacer ring.

Bass is a bit easier in a hatchback....typically a bit louder than a sedan. A pair of 12s, in a properly designed enclosure, will be pretty loud.

Good luck.