PDA

View Full Version : People with experience with supertweets?

MisterGrubbs
03-18-2009, 09:41 PM
I've listened to the ST350's from Selenium recently and although I enjoyed them, I am curious to see what else is out there.

Is there anyone here who has heard another supertweeter that is comparably as loud and sounds better? The ST350's freaking scream, just curious if there is anything with a bit better sound, or other alternatives are always an option.

Sorry if I've missed a thread about it, I cant seem to find any.

MisterGrubbs
03-18-2009, 10:19 PM
Selenium ST350 and Eminence APT-200 are the two most prominent on my list. My only thing about the Eminence's is that I'm assuming they're more for home audio useage...

MisterGrubbs
03-19-2009, 03:56 PM
Bump for any ideas.

JL Audio
03-19-2009, 03:59 PM
hard to beat the 350s on loudness :P , look for more dispersion and power handling if you're wanting to do that. Or buy my bullets :/ ... cough.

MisterGrubbs
03-19-2009, 04:20 PM
I'm just scared the bullets wont be clear enough :(

And I need more than you have, lol

bulldoggg
03-21-2009, 07:27 AM
I've listened to the ST350's from Selenium recently and although I enjoyed them, I am curious to see what else is out there.

Is there anyone here who has heard another supertweeter that is comparably as loud and sounds better? The ST350's freaking scream, just curious if there is anything with a bit better sound, or other alternatives are always an option.

Sorry if I've missed a thread about it, I cant seem to find any.
I have the cdt audio upstage system with super tweeters in my truck and I really like them. They are super clean sounding and get loud as hell without distorting at all. I highly recomend them

orangecounty1
03-21-2009, 07:43 AM
The eminence supertweeters are all the same (apt 200 etc.. They're all the same driver with just a different horn screwed on it. I've had the eminence, I liked them. I also tried audiopipe supertweets, imo they sounded the same as eminence. I've heard the seleniums, which are loud as balls, but they're so big its hard to fit them anywhere (in a car at least)

I have 16 of the power acoustic nx-5 bullets that TheLow is selling, and I like those a lot. They look clean, small, and sound good for bullets. I'm pairing them up with 16 selenium 6" mids.

I've also heard the beyma bullets (same style look as my nx-5's but silver) and those sound **** good but they're a lot of money.

How many are you needing, what car, what mids are u gonna run, etc?

I know a ton of people that run the eminence tweets in their car, and most of them don't even set it up right with a crossover etc, just use those caps, or "bass blockers" as they call them, wired in the positive wire, and they have no problems

DidUHearThat?
03-21-2009, 08:13 AM
IMO, super tweets should not be needed. I have the CDT upstage kit and they sound fine, but if I had instead spent the money on better speakers with better tweets I think the sound would be better. I was overly concered with the tweeter position being close to the midrange, and since I have heard plenty of great sounding systems with the tweeters mounted in the A pilliar where my super tweets are.

IMO, skip the super tweets and instead get a better set of comps and put the tweets in the A pillar or in the corner under the windshield.

Just my 2 cents.

PaulThompson229
03-21-2009, 08:20 AM
I have seen quite a few people using the Earthquake bullitts recently, although I have yet to personally hear them.

I also secont the CDT kit, I had an upstage kit and they sounded relatively clean and not overly harsh.

MisterGrubbs
03-22-2009, 07:23 PM
Would the Eminece keep up relatively well with the ST350's?

I'm not looking to spend more than 60 dollars per pair or 30/35 per tweet/horn

It's going to be going into a competition vehicle.

16 is the quantity.

Thanks for all of the opinions

Also - I've never seen the CDT supertweets? I like the ST350's and they did not sound bad, I'm just looking for a tad more clarity if feasible. Always wanting something better, human nature you know

As far as the midranges go - I'm still debating. Either ID OEMs or Eminence Alpha-8 mids...I havnt quite decided yet and I'm still down for suggestions on that as well if anyone has any feedback. I'm getting the truck soon and I want to go ahead and get the front stage situated. I know what woofers, amps, and batteries I'll be running.

JL Audio
03-22-2009, 07:29 PM
yea i'm considering the eminences now as well.. had some before.. but now i'm considering going back to them again just for the price lol.

MisterGrubbs
03-23-2009, 04:40 PM
Are you considering the 90x90 horns that I listed, the APT200's? If so, buy one and let me know how they do vs the ST350's :-)