PDA

View Full Version : SPX-17REF vs. SPR-17S

RByers91
03-18-2009, 09:34 PM
Well i've sorta blown out two of my speakers, so ive gotta get some new ones. Decided to replace them all at the same time. There are two different speakers i'm looking at. The Alpine Type R Components 6.5 in. Or the Alpine Type X Component 6.5 in. (the less expensive ones). I've found both of them ranging between 180-200$ (a set). I've noticed that the Type R's have a higher wattage rating, and im not quite sure if that really means anything. Any ideas? I'm also open to other speakers, just need to keep in that price range (found most of speakers prices on ebay).

Thanks for any feedback

-Ryan

07ramjam
03-18-2009, 09:39 PM
I just recently was in the same boat with the same speakers.I was able to a/b both speakers side by side.I have to admit the R's sounded pretty nice.I was pretty impressed.Then I heard the X's..forget about it.These left the R's in the dust.Very clean,they didnt seem harsh to me at all.I found them to be pretty smooth.Spend the extra bucks and get the X's,you wont be sorry.

killahsharksjc
03-19-2009, 02:25 AM
I got the Refs 5.25" they sound aight but Im still playing with them. If you live in my area you can come check em out.

dragnix
03-19-2009, 02:29 AM
get the X, that's their more SQ oriented line