PDA

View Full Version : o2, beyma, ev's?

jaytoofly
03-18-2009, 06:49 PM
so i'm from new york and the car seen in queens is dominantly hondas. all the honda guys will swear by there ev's and beyma's. i have a few friends that swear by o2. i have only heard an o2 setup and it sounded nice but to an untrained ear anything would sound nice. so i was wonderin do these have good sq? i have been told that with my pg rsd's my sq would be better than all of them. im looking to get a id setup in the front, would my sq be greater than those of o2, beyma and ev?

jaytoofly
03-18-2009, 11:12 PM
So no one knows about these brands?

Eddie Havok
03-19-2009, 02:25 AM
wow, your so right about that, im from brooklyn ny, and EVERYONE thinks ev's, 02 and behymas are the best brands. meanwhile most people outside ny don't even know about them

i personally think ev's sound awful. behymas get loud, but don't sound very good, plus they have crappy mid bass.

most of 02's stuff is good, but only running active, the passive crossovers they sell don't match up with any of their components well. but if i was to make a suggestion, i would say check out 02's new air2 line. there amazing. i just swapped out my hertz hsk163 for the 02 8.3's. IMO they sound even clearer then the hertz, and there about half the price.

let me know if you need anything, im close with the guy who owns illusions on queens blvd. and get stuff cheap :)

infamous_e46
03-19-2009, 02:31 AM
Bunch jaggoffs with horns behind the grill and sirens and speakerphone wtf

jaytoofly
03-19-2009, 08:16 AM
wow, your so right about that, im from brooklyn ny, and EVERYONE thinks ev's, 02 and behymas are the best brands. meanwhile most people outside ny don't even know about them

i personally think ev's sound awful. behymas get loud, but don't sound very good, plus they have crappy mid bass.

most of 02's stuff is good, but only running active, the passive crossovers they sell don't match up with any of their components well. but if i was to make a suggestion, i would say check out 02's new air2 line. there amazing. i just swapped out my hertz hsk163 for the 02 8.3's. IMO they sound even clearer then the hertz, and there about half the price.

let me know if you need anything, im close with the guy who owns illusions on queens blvd. and get stuff cheap :)

I don't want o2 I want something that will out perform o2s

C3 Customs
03-19-2009, 04:03 PM
What other brands have you used/looked into?

negative3five
03-27-2009, 12:11 PM
What are ev's I hear abot em all the time but haveno idea what they are thier big in Jersey to.

LoggedOut
03-27-2009, 12:22 PM
EV's are big in providence as well, personally i couldnt take the scream. EV stands for Electrovoice, and theyre primarily 10" or 12" tweeters. strictly high frequency...

JL Audio
03-27-2009, 12:24 PM
yea apparently a lot of the "big" people use them in the area around beast from the east as well.

i'll stick to eminence for my needs, people like to do it big though.