PDA

View Full Version : New box

Kalgatha
03-17-2009, 01:10 AM
Hi! I bought a JL sub and jensen amp with a box from ebay several months ago. It works well for me, isn't all that loud but im more of an SQ kinda guy right now. any way, the box that came with is looks kinda...lop-sided and not very well built. I've been using it as it is b/c it sounds find and seems to work, but i got a couple 1/4 sheets of MDF at a local hardware store for 8$ and couldn't pass up the opportunity to build a new box for 8$. So i've got an old JL (idk what model it is) 12'', only runnin 200watts MAX to it. prolly closer to 150. and i would like to build a new sealed box for it, where can i find a cheap or even free design? and what kinda tips can you guys give me? i've never built a box before so this is all new to me...but how hard can it be right? i know i need to use some sort of wood glue in the cracks, but other than that idk.

thegreatestpenn
03-17-2009, 01:11 AM
1/4" mdf isn't thick enough to build a box with. go get a 3/4" sheet and use that instead.

Kalgatha
03-17-2009, 01:56 AM
no no, i ment like a quarter sheet, they are 3/4'' thick. just lookin at em i'd say they were 2'x4' maybe, idk