PDA

View Full Version : nedd some freakin help

Dlh_tank
03-16-2009, 10:43 PM
first off im running jl s@@@ so if that stop you from helping o well. any how im running 2 jl1000-2w713.it will be going in a caprice classic that has room in the trunk. anyhow i have on audio shop wanting to bandpass them and port the rear panel. the other says bandpass will make it hit but can blow them . so what do i do now being i dont know the enclosure s@@@ well. my front stage is already finished i upgraded my alternator, got 2 yellow tops ,the big three whatever that was. ive had the amps,subs for three weeks now . oh yeah the other shop wants to port them. what to do .what to do . imreaching out to any one right now. is there some on out there with box specs to fit the subs and car. im also willing to pay for any help. its like i can here this **** beating ported or bandpass but i just want it right like everyone else out there.one love from da bottom of da map.

bernser1er
03-16-2009, 10:46 PM
i would go ported i had my tuned 34hz 2.5 cubes and it slamed to bad i blew them wht a broken amp

tapout383
03-16-2009, 10:50 PM
depends on what you are looking to get out of it for loudness you want to tune to 36 and above but idk about the jl as I have never used them

Dlh_tank
03-16-2009, 10:51 PM
you dimension of your box

DBBOOM
03-16-2009, 10:57 PM
http://www.zierbox.com/main.html

bassman_soundki
03-17-2009, 01:11 AM
The shop with the bandpass idea is trying to get you more output. Here lies the problem though that the other shop mentioned. If you use a bandpass you cannot see or hear the subs movement. If you go past the subs limits or under the tuning frequeny you wont know till you cause damage. You can set the gains properly and set a subsonic filter to help avoid this, but if you start using alot of extra bass like from a bass controller or even from the deck you can still cause damage. Now for the positives about bandpass. It will get louder than a ported box ( in the range that is efficient), and in this case becuase they want to port into the car vis the rear deck it wil drastically reduce that rattling trunk sound. I personally prefer the ported box and some sort of sound dampening(dynamat) on the trunk lid. Hope this helps.

bassman_soundki
03-20-2009, 02:04 PM
What did you end up doing?

jdawg
03-20-2009, 02:21 PM
i had a 90 caprice, took out the back speakers and ripped out that 1" thick rubber deadening behind the rear seat and it was pretty much like a hatch back