PDA

View Full Version : in search of good answers

Bullet03
03-16-2009, 10:21 PM
I was invited to a bass competition that a custom car shop is hosting in 2 months.. im happy with my system as is, EXCEPT for my box.. I've messed around with the box calculator and im wondering a few things.. Will my Kicker CVR12's sound BEST in a sealed or ported box, and is 3.61871cf interior volume going to give me a good sound? i have more questions, but for the moment this is my main focus..

snoopdan
03-16-2009, 10:25 PM
I was invited to a bass competition that a custom car shop is hosting in 2 months.. im happy with my system as is, EXCEPT for my box.. I've messed around with the box calculator and im wondering a few things.. Will my Kicker CVR12's sound BEST in a sealed or ported box, and is 3.61871cf interior volume going to give me a good sound? i have more questions, but for the moment this is my main focus..

You need to get some terms straight first. What do you mean by good sound? If you're worried about what it will do on a meter at a competition then "sounding good" shouldnt be a priority.

If you're just going like a sound quality competition, go sealed.

Bullet03
03-16-2009, 10:30 PM
excuse my mis termonology.. basically im worried about numbers, along with it sound quality.. is there a way to get both, and both be the best i can get without changing subs?