PDA

View Full Version : what is angle in box for?

cockeyed00
09-02-2003, 11:22 PM
I just wanted to know why all boxes have either an angle in the front or an angle in the back of it?
thanks
oO

tommyk90
09-03-2003, 01:00 AM
I just wanted to know why all boxes have either an angle in the front or an angle in the back of it?
thanks
oO

Well, there really is no reason behind it, except if they want that look, need a little more airspace, or are trying to fit a sub that's taller than the vertical room they have (example:fitting a 15" sub in a trunk that's 12" tall).

John P.
09-03-2003, 01:27 AM
thanks
oO

Well, hatch boxes are built with angled rears to fit flush with angles seatbacks. Truck boxes are angles in the front to accomodate the front searbacks.

Make sense?

bigred78797
09-03-2003, 04:51 AM
Angles in boxes also cut down on resonance. i.e. the less parallel surfaces you have the less resonance. Most of my boxes have angles in them because im building for a standard cab truck and only have a limited space so i try to sqeeze in that extra cubic foot or two with some weird angles. If you have a square box and want to get rid of resonance just line the inside with some sound deadiner. So angles can either be for sound, looks, or space.

Miller
09-03-2003, 04:24 PM
Lastly,(And I think most importantly) alot of the angled boxes are smaller and if they did not have the angle on it, then when you accelerated fast the box would just tip over (mine has done it before). The angle prevents this when angled in the front.