PDA

View Full Version : Help diagnose problem with comps

ebmx66
03-14-2009, 09:21 AM
Ive got a set of Rainbow Germs in the front of my Silverado that I installed myself and something is wrong with the 6.5 in the left side driver door.

It is not very noticeable when quiet but when you turn it up to any decent volume the woofer basically sounds like it is burping/buzzing with no midbass at all and then it will almost sound normal for a second and the midbass will be back, only to be followed by more funny noises.

What do you think the problem is? blown speaker? loose connection?

James Bang
03-14-2009, 03:00 PM
did you even trying taking out the right side to inspect it?

Etac
03-14-2009, 04:45 PM
i had a problem with one of my sls's when i got it.. (thank you madi sound for giving me a new one asap)

anyway i think it turned out to be a broken connection somewhere between the tinsel and the voice coil.. it would make contact fine when it wasnt moving much but once it starts going, the vibration/movement would disturb the connection and just cause it to do all types of funny things and made alot of the same types of noises you might be describing.

ebmx66
03-14-2009, 06:00 PM
no i didn't take the speaker out to inspect it yet i haven't had time, i just figured i would ask here first so i would know what to look for when I do get the time.