PDA

View Full Version : polk momo comps

SWFL
03-13-2009, 03:21 AM
I am currently running a set of cdt cl-62cf's i like them they get very loud. Although i kinda am looking for a smoother set of speakers. The momo's the mmc6500 i ran was very smooth and just never had a chance to give them their power they needed to really shine. I then sold them so kinda looking to maybe give the momo's another shot with the power they need. Since the tweets are very smooth and the mids are too and the midbass is awesome

They were rated at 125rms and only had around 75 watts to give them. I am looking into the comp series of the momo's i now have 175x4@4ohms for them

anyone got reviews on these, i ran the other series but not this one, can get them for 140 shipped brand new

http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=2571

MBrock4u
03-13-2009, 11:43 AM
I am a polk fan, I run the momo's and was curious about the new one's that your looking at. Funny thing about those paticular ones, they are not on polk's web site, nor on Crutchfield. Woofersect is a good place to buy gear, but it's seems funny to me that those comps are not on those sites. Just food for thought! Polk does have a new set of momo comps out, I would go with those. I'm sure you would be happy with them. Polk's are so smooth. I really like them.

thorshammer1
03-13-2009, 11:46 AM
I run the MOMO 6x9's with about 150-200rms ea. I did find thier crossover to be sheyot! I fried both within a couple weeks usage. Afterwards I put them on PG crossovers and they have been beating out since no issues.

SWFL
03-13-2009, 02:10 PM
yea the momos are much smoother than my cdt mids and tweets. Only reason i was looking into the comp series of the momos is they can handle more power or said to be able to.

SWFL
03-15-2009, 02:30 AM
bump