PDA

View Full Version : Tweeters in '02 Grand Cherokee...

MTXman
03-11-2009, 07:41 PM
So the stock dash tweeters have officially blown in my 2002 Grand Cherokee...

At first I thought that the stock crossover was set wrong and they were trying to hit some lower frequencies, atleast that's what I blamed on the loud slapping sound when the midbass/lower frequencies would hit. But now I've decided that they are completely blown and I'm going to replace them.

I like how bright they sound reflecting off of the windshield.. so I'm going to keep the stock location I think. But there's a problem.. they're a b!tch to get to..

How's the best way to get to these little buggers? Anyone with a grand cherokee chime in please ;)

audioarsonal
03-11-2009, 07:48 PM
Is it a WJ?I have an 00 with the ones in the dash.To remove them all I did was pull the plastic panel off take a #2 phillips bit and a socket and wrachit push down with your figer and losen the screw.

Cravingbass123
03-11-2009, 07:49 PM
those stock tweets werent bright at all for me when i had it stock when i first bought my '04.

pmed

MTXman
03-11-2009, 09:23 PM
Thanks for your help guys, I talked to cravingbass on the phone. Until I get my new tweets I just removed those and am tweeter-less as of right now.

But now my front door speakers arent working? I don't know why... they most likely werent working like a week or more ago and I just never noticed because I had my soundstage faded back a lot to reduce that awkward tweeter noise.

I'm just gonna throw my Kicker components from my camaro in the doors of my jeep tomorrow.

Any tips on removing the door panels?

audioarsonal
03-12-2009, 05:48 PM
There are 3 screws one in the handle on the door another behind the unlock handle and one up by the mirror under a plastic piece.Once you have all those out just start at the bottom corner of the door and begin to pry it free.The clips in there can be a ***** so be careful.