PDA

View Full Version : Memphis Belle and Boston Pro 60 Questions

brint
03-11-2009, 02:55 PM
Alright guys i have a few questions regarding my front stage, basically a what would you do. I have a Memphis Belle 16-MCH600 5 channel amp ( http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=2623 ) and a set of Boston Pro 60's (3 ohm) on the way for my front stage. This is in a 2005 Chevrolet Extended Cab. Would you:
1. Run the Bostons bridged passively? Would the amp handle the 3 ohm load bridged? I would run the back speakers on head unit power
2. Run the Boston mids off the front channel section and the tweets off the back channels? What would you set the amp crossovers at for this?
3. Run the Bostons passive off of the front channel and add back speakers which would be powered off the back channel of the amp?

I will be adding subs later.

krisfnbz
03-11-2009, 03:21 PM
I dont know if the amp will take a 3 ohm load, I dont see why it wouldnt. I would run the mids and tweets active using the amps crossovers. That way you can still run your rear speakers off your Hu amplifier.

brint
03-11-2009, 03:58 PM
I definitely think i will be running the back speakers off of head unit power. What would be a good starting point for crossover settings? Not having to find a place to mount the huge crossovers would be nice as well.