PDA

View Full Version : Head unit guru's, Help appreciated.

swx1042
03-07-2009, 02:28 PM
I Know bass boost is bad, but with the car i'm using, i don't particularly care about the paper cone speakers.

I would like a little more bass without having to invest too heavily in a car thats on its last leg anyway.
(with a deck i can just take it out and put it in the next car when i'll actually do a system)

I Had a Pioneer DEH-3800mp in there before, and its bass boost feature did the job alright. However, I Have a strong dislike for the new Pioneer interface.

Are there any head units out there that have comparable bass boosting feature?

or am i stuck and i just have to deal with it? :emb:

macq32
03-07-2009, 05:34 PM
the speakers you have are the speakers you have, just buy some new ones, its not like you cant take them out of the car when you get a new one,

swx1042
03-07-2009, 06:13 PM
the speakers you have are the speakers you have, just buy some new ones, its not like you cant take them out of the car when you get a new one,

That doesn't solve the problem. Looking for a simple stop gap for an old commuter car.

The old deck i had in there did a nice job, looking for something similar.

Edit: I Guess Clarions have similar features, but if anyone else has some suggestions, shoot!

macq32
03-07-2009, 10:37 PM
well maybe an equalizer is what you are wanting. If all you are looking for is a bass boost, get an equalizer use that, that's what they're made for

linvillegorge
03-07-2009, 11:10 PM
I'd love to hear that "system" with you cranking the bass boost on those crappy speakers...

Haha!

eharri3
03-08-2009, 09:57 AM
Off of head unit power

x1le
03-08-2009, 10:04 AM
It sounds like what your asking is if there are any other head units that let you control the bass.

So the answer to your question is yes, basically every aftermarket hu on the market today has that control.

audioarsonal
03-08-2009, 10:20 AM
They make pods that will fit over your speakers in the rear deck section to give you a little more bass.Almost like buildin a little box for them.I have seen them in plastic and HD styrofoam.

BumpinTypeR
03-08-2009, 03:39 PM
They make pods that will fit over your speakers in the rear deck section to give you a little more bass.Almost like buildin a little box for them.I have seen them in plastic and HD styrofoam.

yea they are called bass boomers:
http://cgi.ebay.com/A-MUST-ENCLOSURES-FOR-6-6-5-SPEAKERS_W0QQitemZ160129906397QQihZ006QQcategoryZ1 4936QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l 1262

IDSkoT
03-08-2009, 03:42 PM
I Know bass boost is bad, but with the car i'm using, i don't particularly care about the paper cone speakers.

I would like a little more bass without having to invest too heavily in a car thats on its last leg anyway.
(with a deck i can just take it out and put it in the next car when i'll actually do a system)

I Had a Pioneer DEH-3800mp in there before, and its bass boost feature did the job alright. However, I Have a strong dislike for the new Pioneer interface.

Are there any head units out there that have comparable bass boosting feature?

or am i stuck and i just have to deal with it? :emb:

What's wrong with paper cones? A lot of high end audio equipment is made out of paper cones. (home audio at least)

swx1042
03-09-2009, 11:11 PM
well maybe an equalizer is what you are wanting. If all you are looking for is a bass boost, get an equalizer use that, that's what they're made for

yeah, but no external amp, just keepin it simple for the commuter car til it dies.

I'd love to hear that "system" with you cranking the bass boost on those crappy speakers...

Haha!

yeah for sure though! hahaha :laugh:

Off of head unit power

keepin it simple til a new car (like mentioned)

It sounds like what your asking is if there are any other head units that let you control the bass.

So the answer to your question is yes, basically every aftermarket hu on the market today has that control.

Yeah, i got that. Just some are better than others i guess. Like with that Pioneer, it has the bass, mid and treble controls and then additional bass boost mode you can mess with. Thats what i had been doin just to compensate.

yeah, i hear ya with the pods, was just lookin for a quick stop-gap of a head unit, but it looks like i'm going to be picking up the Clarion i saw.

What's wrong with paper cones? A lot of high end audio equipment is made out of paper cones. (home audio at least)

haha, just generalizing.