View Full Version : Need Help!

302yota
03-06-2009, 12:53 AM
well here's the equipment
audioque hdc318
5.9cuft 37hz
2000wt Hifonics Brutus

here's the problem:

i finally installed all the equipment yesterday, and it's trully amazing what the subs are capable of even though i'm only giving the sub about 1000wrms, due to the "breaking in part"...(it was set with a dmm, so i'm sure its pretty close to 1000), but between last night and tonight, the box seems to be flexing pretty bad, and it almost looks as if the speaker's jumpin a lil bit, even though the top is dbl. baffled....i had 2 braces on the inside and now i think i need to add some more.....i think i also need to do somethin about tightening the speaker down because it looks like it is loosening out of the box....

and whenever the low notes hit, it makes a wierd sound, i dont know if its coming from the sub....it sounds like the back of the cab rattling, but i'm not sure.....do yall think 1000wrms, is enough to harm the sub before it breaks in....or do yall think it has a lot to do with the box and sub flexin so bad???..if so what should i do to help the box and sub from flexin so bad?

wlmrs
03-06-2009, 12:56 AM
How did you brace it?

tapout383
03-06-2009, 12:56 AM
well here's the equipment
audioque hdc318
5.9cuft 37hz
2000wt Hifonics Brutus

here's the problem:

i finally installed all the equipment yesterday, and it's trully amazing what the subs are capable of even though i'm only giving the sub about 1000wrms, due to the "breaking in part"...(it was set with a dmm, so i'm sure its pretty close to 1000), but between last night and tonight, the box seems to be flexing pretty bad, and it almost looks as if the speaker's jumpin a lil bit, even though the top is dbl. baffled....i had 2 braces on the inside and now i think i need to add some more.....i think i also need to do somethin about tightening the speaker down because it looks like it is loosening out of the box....

and whenever the low notes hit, it makes a wierd sound, i dont know if its coming from the sub....it sounds like the back of the cab rattling, but i'm not sure.....do yall think 1000wrms, is enough to harm the sub before it breaks in....or do yall think it has a lot to do with the box and sub flexin so bad???..if so what should i do to help the box and sub from flexin so bad?

just dont play it loud regraless of how much power you feed it its gotta have time to loosen up like a virgin once its loose then u can bang it :veryhapp:

302yota
03-06-2009, 01:01 AM
i braced it with other mdf pieces....just ran 2 pieces horizontally (from front to back), i figured it would be enough considerin the top was dbl baffled....but i guess i might have to run some braces from top (where the sub's mounted) to the bottom....and from the side to the port (which is facing up with the sub).....but i hope i didnt mess up the sub, it only make the noice whenever the lows hit, which is when the sub and box is flexing so much

tapout383
03-06-2009, 01:08 AM
can u describe the noise?? your box could be leaking air or it could be just metal flex i have all kinds of weird noises in mine from the littlest metals hitting each other

302yota
03-06-2009, 01:11 AM
man, i really don't know how to explain it.....it's like a cross from 2 pieces of wood flexing and slappin each other, or metal warpin, or window's flexing.....but i don't know if that's what's making the noise....i think it could be air leakin from a around the sub, whenever it starts jumpin around, which is on the low notes.....but i really don't know

tapout383
03-06-2009, 01:22 AM
my cavalier makes a whistling sound from air escaping from around the window seal....

302yota
03-06-2009, 01:49 AM
well it's definitely not a whistling sound...lol...thanks though