PDA

View Full Version : DLS Component speakers - Any Good?

magliteman
03-05-2009, 05:38 PM
Just wondering if anyone has a set or has listened to DLS component speakers and if they sound any good?

What are they comparable to?

Thanks............

pjhabit
03-06-2009, 05:26 PM
Never heard a set myself. But they are very respected when it comes to SQ components.

JimJ
03-06-2009, 05:31 PM
I've really liked the ones I've heard, but like any pre-built set they'd benefit from ditching the passive Xovers and going active.

pjhabit
03-06-2009, 05:48 PM
I've really liked the ones I've heard, but like any pre-built set they'd benefit from ditching the passive Xovers and going active.

Meh, going active is overrated. Sure it has its advantages & the lower quality passive x-overs really showcase this. But I have to say, with active setups being all the rage. There are a sh*t load of active setups that sound like arse. Given it takes time, effert & a good ear too get dialed in, the majority do not benefit with that choice.

JimJ
03-06-2009, 05:53 PM
Given it takes time, effert & a good ear too get dialed in, the majority do not benefit with that choice.

I don't know that the majority would bother with DLS speakers, either :)

I agree that at first, it'll probably sound like ***, that's par for the course. But the real power is in the flexibility...

James Bang
03-06-2009, 09:17 PM
the water sure is cold when you first jump in, but it gets warmer with time. :)

bonesninja
03-06-2009, 09:20 PM
they only sound good if they are amped with a class a or a/b amp

atoprak
03-07-2009, 08:29 PM
DLS has a very wide range of products....
You can find high - en level products and entry level products ...
In general speaking the brand and the value of the components in my country is high ... these are originally Swedish and, in general, gives natural sound...

carguy83
03-09-2009, 01:30 AM
i love my iridiums. they were a bit difficult to instal regarding ideal driver placement. install them wrong and it can sound like poop. but once everything is working in harmony...ahhh they sound pretty darn good! :)