PDA

View Full Version : nuts and bolts speaker terminals

jdmferio13
03-04-2009, 05:03 PM
nut and bolts for terminals in box anyone know exactly what i need dont want to drill two holes and run to speaker wire through i like the nuts and bolts i ideas

jco1385
03-04-2009, 05:05 PM
if you have a brain, you can figure this out....

jdmferio13
03-04-2009, 05:09 PM
well on each wrie terminal all im doin is sqeezing it between each nut right does anyone use washers

IDSkoT
03-04-2009, 05:16 PM
if you have a brain, you can figure this out....

:crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:: crazy:

:wowflash:

fyi-future-star
03-04-2009, 05:18 PM
I think it would be a lot easier and more secure to use some ring terminals on the wire
And the use the nut bolt and washer

fyi-future-star
03-04-2009, 05:18 PM
That's if I'm understandingur question right

saywhat?
03-04-2009, 05:20 PM
nut and bolts for terminals in box anyone know exactly what i need dont want to drill two holes and run to speaker wire through i like the nuts and bolts i ideas

read above......you answered your own questiong TWICE, in the form of you asking the exact question.

but if your still lost......

2 bolts
4 nutes
4 LOCK washers
ring terminals (for each wire going to said bolt)
**common sense** <--big one here.

or if you really want to get technical...

1 bolt per pos/neg of each sub. so..... for a DVC sub....

2 bolts for +'s
2 bolts for -'s
2 washers per bolt = 8 washers
2 lock washers per bolt = 8 lock washers.

this lets you change your ohm load :fyi:

jco1385
03-04-2009, 05:23 PM
i would draw a picture but i'm lazy.

a 2nd grade child could do this

basshedz06
03-04-2009, 05:41 PM
come on guys don't be an *** to the guy i know its a dumb question it may sseem to you guru's (yea right) but its a good question nonetheless, he asked it cause he wanted to know some of you guys thoughts on it all.
but to answer your question bro yes you can do this but the drilling of a small speaker wire hole isn't a big deal on your box trust me i do it all the time an it don't make a difference. if i see where someone gained 3db's by not drilling the holes i will start not drilling holes myself.
but you can also drill the hole, run you speaker wire as long as you need be, then fill in the hole wit some sort of filler if your that worried about it. but if you want to do the nuts an bolts i think the guy about 3 posts up above my own did a good write up of it.

badvlvo
03-04-2009, 05:55 PM
read above......you answered your own questiong TWICE, in the form of you asking the exact question.

but if your still lost......

2 bolts
4 nutes
4 LOCK washers
ring terminals (for each wire going to said bolt)
**common sense** <--big one here.

or if you really want to get technical...

1 bolt per pos/neg of each sub. so..... for a DVC sub....

2 bolts for +'s
2 bolts for -'s
2 washers per bolt = 8 washers
2 lock washers per bolt = 8 lock washers.

this lets you change your ohm load :fyi:

This is the way to do it if you have multiple DVC subs and want to run 2ohm daily but .5ohm for competition.

fyi-future-star
03-04-2009, 06:25 PM
That's wat I plan to do so its a lot easier to change ohm load as stated because I plan to run 2ohm for daily and .5 for comps