PDA

View Full Version : Rear Speakers Question

x13alle12x
03-03-2009, 06:58 PM
Ok here is the deal. I am going to install some nice aftermarket components as my front stage. I drive a 4 door sedan and have been told to just make sure I spend a lot on the front stage and then just get cheap coaxials for the rear. I have a friend w/ the an extra set of midbass drivers that I can use. Question is it going to make a noticable difference between a midbass driver as opposed to going w/ coaxials in the rear??

dman4486
03-03-2009, 07:00 PM
Ok here is the deal. I am going to install some nice aftermarket components as my front stage. I drive a 4 door sedan and have been told to just make sure I spend a lot on the front stage and then just get cheap coaxials for the rear. I have a friend w/ the an extra set of midbass drivers that I can use. Question is it going to make a noticable difference between a midbass driver as opposed to going w/ coaxials in the rear??

you will only have midbass for rear fill.....passengers in the back will want to hear some highs

geowick07
03-03-2009, 07:03 PM
you will only have midbass for rear fill.....passengers in the back will want to hear some highs

Agreed.

Although it all comes down to personal preference. Some are for rear fill; some are against. Get a cheap set of coax speakers ( if you like) and test the theory for yourself. Worst case scenario, you are out $XX.XX. You could always try to resell them!

geo

dman4486
03-03-2009, 07:05 PM
or stick with the stock rears....tis what I did:D

x13alle12x
03-03-2009, 07:24 PM
or stick with the stock rears....tis what I did:D

They say stock rears will cause distortion from overpowering from the amp.

x13alle12x
03-03-2009, 07:26 PM
Agreed.

Although it all comes down to personal preference. Some are for rear fill; some are against. Get a cheap set of coax speakers ( if you like) and test the theory for yourself. Worst case scenario, you are out $XX.XX. You could always try to resell them!

geo

You're right. I will try the midbass driver then if I dont like it. I will get a set of coax. Thanks dudes.

eharri3
03-03-2009, 09:17 PM
Idunno if maybe rear door midbasses would detract from the 'up-front' bass impression at all, never tried it. But that's the first thing I would think. I prefer coaxials with some sort of natural roll-off and which are attenuated. I seem to find bad things happen at some frequencies when the speakers behind me play the same frequencies just as loudly as the speakers in front of me. To me rear speakers are there to create a reverbration effect for what comes from the front and improve the sense of space. With the exception of a properly tuned, non-localizable sub, the 'main' sound should come from in front.

MBrock4u
03-03-2009, 10:14 PM
I would have coax in the rear and turn the gains down on them.

x13alle12x
03-04-2009, 12:55 PM
HmmM.. I will try both. Just got my hands on some cheapie speakers. Got the midbass from some Focal 130h comps and MB coax dkd113 . Hope one of the two should do me proper.