PDA

View Full Version : Finally pulled the trigger!!

07ramjam
03-03-2009, 04:26 PM
I made a couple of threads "this vs. that" and I got alot of great advice.I wanted to say thanks for all of it.This site is pretty awesome.

With speakers being so subjective I had to find some to listen to.Where I live there isnt very much,so I did a little driving and it was so worth it.I was able to listen to the following speakers:

Focal 165VR's very nice a little bright for me though.
Alpine Type R's nice for the price
Alpine Type X...I loved these.
JL Audio C-5's.Personally some of the best speakers I got to hear.
Jl Audio Z series.Very similar to the C-5's,not worth the extra cash.

To be honest my favorite were the C-5's.Very clean and neutral.The only problem was the price.It was out of my range at 359.00.A close second to these were the Type X's.This is what I ended up getting.These speakers are prettyamazing as well.I heard them in a sound board powered from an Alpine 9886 and I was blown away.I was able to get these for 203.00 OTD.Im super happy and cant wait to hear them in my car.All I need now is some deadening material.

Sorry for the long post,but thanks for reading!!

jmanpc
03-03-2009, 04:28 PM
Want a cookie?

You know the drill, pics or this thread is useless.

07ramjam
03-03-2009, 04:35 PM
Oh man a cookie sure would be good right now :D!!Dont tease me.

I hate when someone asks for me to post pics.I have no idea how to do that.

bass_lover1
03-03-2009, 05:12 PM
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=how+to+use+photobucket

gqjeff
03-03-2009, 05:46 PM
I made a couple of threads "this vs. that" and I got alot of great advice.I wanted to say thanks for all of it.This site is pretty awesome.

With speakers being so subjective I had to find some to listen to.Where I live there isnt very much,so I did a little driving and it was so worth it.I was able to listen to the following speakers:

Focal 165VR's very nice a little bright for me though.
Alpine Type R's nice for the price
Alpine Type X...I loved these.
JL Audio C-5's.Personally some of the best speakers I got to hear.
Jl Audio Z series.Very similar to the C-5's,not worth the extra cash.

To be honest my favorite were the C-5's.Very clean and neutral.The only problem was the price.It was out of my range at 359.00.A close second to these were the Type X's.This is what I ended up getting.These speakers are prettyamazing as well.I heard them in a sound board powered from an Alpine 9886 and I was blown away.I was able to get these for 203.00 OTD.Im super happy and cant wait to hear them in my car.All I need now is some deadening material.

Sorry for the long post,but thanks for reading!!

You did not have a chance to listen to the Focal K2P's did u?

07ramjam
03-03-2009, 10:57 PM
You did not have a chance to listen to the Focal K2P's did u?

No I didnt.I really wanted to because a guy on CL had a brand new set of the upgraded ones for 325.00.The only reason I stayed away from them is the mounting depth.From what Ive read the are almost 3" deep.I dont have that much room to play with.