PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Has DEI had the same wire harness through the years?

dbaudio
03-02-2009, 09:13 PM
Hey! I have an old Honda accord that has an Auto Mate alarm installed in it. It is now broken and I am looking to install another alarm system in the car. I don't need anything fancy, no pager or a plethora of rolling codes. I just need something that will do keyless entry and activate the siren with broken glass/forced entry. Just the basics, everything that my old Auto Mate system did.

I saw a few alarm systems from Circuit City on liquidation, some were Viper systems, some Hornet, but all were made by DEI.

Will these systems be a plug in replacement for my DEI Auto Mate system?

Has DEI been using the same harness for their alarms for the past number of years?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

THUNDERBIRD
03-02-2009, 09:30 PM
no alot of them are different. if you have the 2 owners manuals you can figure out what wires are what and match to the new system. or if ur good like me and know dei like the back of ur hand just watch the colors, but you need to know

qkassidyw
03-03-2009, 12:50 PM
no alot of them are different. if you have the 2 owners manuals you can figure out what wires are what and match to the new system. or if ur good like me and know dei like the back of ur hand just watch the colors, but you need to know

Haha...or if you're good like ME you will pull the old system completely out and redo the install :cool:

Louisiana_CRX
03-03-2009, 01:01 PM
it should work

THUNDERBIRD
03-03-2009, 10:35 PM
Haha...or if you're good like ME you will pull the old system completely out and redo the install :cool:

y? i still test all of the wires and trigger them to make sure it has a good connection. y make more work for yourself? if i can be in and out of an alarm swap in and hour or less and have it working great and make my shop $300 and have time to chill and goof around i will do it. instead of taking 45 minutes to pull all the old out to the connections and redo it taking and hour to two hours vehicle dependant. i have dones tons of swaps and they dont come back.

qkassidyw
03-05-2009, 07:34 PM
y? i still test all of the wires and trigger them to make sure it has a good connection. y make more work for yourself? if i can be in and out of an alarm swap in and hour or less and have it working great and make my shop $300 and have time to chill and goof around i will do it. instead of taking 45 minutes to pull all the old out to the connections and redo it taking and hour to two hours vehicle dependant. i have dones tons of swaps and they dont come back.

I was just messin around...either way is fine. I just prefer to pull the old install while I work.

As a side note, I donīt think I have ever swapped an alarm where the old install didnīt have T-Taps (as long as the install wasnt at my shop)...

Worlddre
03-05-2009, 08:00 PM
pull it out and do it again so you know if any problems arise at least its you will know just what to check

a good rule of thumb is to never rely on someone else's install unless you know the installer