PDA

View Full Version : Need DEI Harness for Viper 5901

NO1B4ME
03-02-2009, 11:24 AM
I had a free lance install an alarm in my 07 Toyota Tundra and for some reason had to return it and get an 08 Tundra. I called this guy up and he was not able to remove the alarm from the 07 Tundra so I decided to remove it and re cable it back into my new 08 Tundra. Well after seeing how bad this installer cut my factory harnesses I was shocked to see what he had done. So I decided to put it in my new truck myself as the install cost was 400.00 for the 07 Tundra. Please understand I did not care about cost as this is a expensive truck, but heck my panels were all scratched up as it looks like he used a pry bar or screwdriver all over my truck panels.

I am definitely scared to take my new 40k truck to anyone and will not go through this again. I decided to do the alarm on my new truck myself as I am an electronic savy person and don't feel like paying someone 400.00 again and maybe go through the same dilema again.

So I worked on this install for 12 straight hours and have the alarm 90% complete but decided to get a new harness to redo it completely. He cut the harness wires so short as he put it right beside the fuse panel :mad::mad::mad:. I could literally open the door and remove the alarm in seconds....

I called DEI and they will not help me with a new harness. Can someone local get one and pm me or reply back here?

qkassidyw
03-02-2009, 02:09 PM
I had a free lance install an alarm in my 07 Toyota Tundra and for some reason had to return it and get an 08 Tundra. I called this guy up and he was not able to remove the alarm from the 07 Tundra so I decided to remove it and re cable it back into my new 08 Tundra. Well after seeing how bad this installer cut my factory harnesses I was shocked to see what he had done. So I decided to put it in my new truck myself as the install cost was 400.00 for the 07 Tundra. Please understand I did not care about cost as this is a expensive truck, but heck my panels were all scratched up as it looks like he used a pry bar or screwdriver all over my truck panels.

I am definitely scared to take my new 40k truck to anyone and will not go through this again. I decided to do the alarm on my new truck myself as I am an electronic savy person and don't feel like paying someone 400.00 again and maybe go through the same dilema again.

So I worked on this install for 12 straight hours and have the alarm 90% complete but decided to get a new harness to redo it completely. He cut the harness wires so short as he put it right beside the fuse panel :mad::mad::mad:. I could literally open the door and remove the alarm in seconds....

I called DEI and they will not help me with a new harness. Can someone local get one and pm me or reply back here?

DEI wont send one to you? I thought they were only 15 bucks for new ones....maybe thats only through a dealer though.

EDIT: I just talked to some friends and they said they have called for customers and then DEI wants to speak to the customer to complete the order...

NO1B4ME
03-02-2009, 07:30 PM
DEI wont send one to you? I thought they were only 15 bucks for new ones....maybe thats only through a dealer though.

EDIT: I just talked to some friends and they said they have called for customers and then DEI wants to speak to the customer to complete the order...

I talked to a local that will try to help me out.

dbaudio
03-09-2009, 11:37 PM
is it a standard 12 pin DEI harness? I have a new one left over from an install I did last week.

NO1B4ME
03-11-2009, 01:39 PM
is it a standard 12 pin DEI harness? I have a new one left over from an install I did last week.

This is the harness i need....

H1/1 RED/WHITE (-) 200mA TRUNK RELEASE OUTPUT
H1/2 RED (+)12v CONSTANT INPUT
H1/3 BROWN (+) SIREN OUTPUT
H1/4 WHITE/
BROWN
LIGHT FLASH -ISOLATION WIRE - PIN 87a of
onboard relay
H1/5 BLACK (-) CHASSIS GROUND
H1/6 VIOLET (+) DOOR TRIGGER INPUT
H1/7 BLUE (-) TRUNK PIN/ INSTANT TRIGGER INPUT
H1/8 GREEN (-) DOOR TRIGGER INPUT