PDA

View Full Version : replacing speakers in a 08 challenger

deep south
03-02-2009, 12:47 AM
I am wanting to replace the speakers in my car. It has three 3.5 speakers in the dash. Two 6x9's in the doors(two door car). Two 6.5's in the rear deck. The system is made by kicker. Should i go with two sets of 6.5 componets and only use only three of the tweeters?? Should I go with a set of 6x9's and a set of 6.5 componets and drop the center speaker in the dash?? I love the mygig/nav head unit and the sub in the trunk will get a pass also. The speakers in the cab **** so they need to go. Thanks for any input. Jim

eharri3
03-02-2009, 10:39 AM
Pics please. I have had a boner for that car ever since the rumors started hitting car magazines in 06.

deep south
03-02-2009, 12:06 PM
Are you saying don't worry about the speakers in the rear deck? If that is so, would you replace the 6x9's door speakers with 6.5 componets place the tweeters under the corners of the dash and drop the center speaker?
I love the car!!! I have had a lot of work done to it. It has a 426 stroker among other goodies:D:D

Trey803
03-02-2009, 12:14 PM
4 chann. run active on a 2 way 6.5 comp set for the front and you will be good

eharri3
03-02-2009, 01:01 PM
Are you saying don't worry about the speakers in the rear deck? If that is so, would you replace the 6x9's door speakers with 6.5 componets place the tweeters under the corners of the dash and drop the center speaker?
I love the car!!! I have had a lot of work done to it. It has a 426 stroker among other goodies:D:D

Im saying Id love to see pics. But I have never believed rear deck speakers serve any particular purpose other than it allows the manufacturer to advertise 8, 10, or 12 speaker premium sound instead of just 4 or six. Then when people have cars that have them they feel they must be there for a reason and should be upgraded along with everything else. Not only would I not upgrade them but I'd consider disconnecting them if it were me.

TheHammer12
03-02-2009, 05:18 PM
I say, put a set of 6.5 comps in the front to replace the 6x9s, using the left and right holes for the tweets, drop the center speaker (dosen't do much anyway), run em off a 2 channel, and if you feel the need to, replace the rears with 6.5 coaxes.

systemdesignz
03-04-2009, 08:55 AM
I say, put a set of 6.5 comps in the front to replace the 6x9s, using the left and right holes for the tweets, drop the center speaker (dosen't do much anyway), run em off a 2 channel, and if you feel the need to, replace the rears with 6.5 coaxes.

X2 I agree with this setup, what's your budget for speakers and an amp?

deep south
03-05-2009, 04:30 PM
Thanks for all the info guys, it's been very helpful.

No budget .... but I was thinking about Focal 165v2's for the 6.5 componets. I seen an adapter plate for the 6x9 opening that has a knockout for a 6.5 and tweeter for the factory location in the door. What do you think that and then deleting the dash speakers?? I wasn't planning on replacing or adding an amp. Should I??

If I knew how to attach a thread I could so you pics of the car and a video/audio clip on U-tube. I not sure whats it's called. :crying:

systemdesignz
03-05-2009, 06:45 PM
Yes sir, I'd definetly get an amp for your speakers, and your gonna want a decent one. Your rears you can run off the hu but your front components aren't gonna be happy just off the head unit.