PDA

View Full Version : which ways louder?

tsupra98
03-01-2009, 03:30 PM
i have a 95 integra and i'm trying to figure out which would be the loudest way to put my box in my car for the next comp. right now i have the subs and port firing backwards with the port on the driverside. would it make any difference if i flipped the box and had the port on the pass side firing backwards? or have the subs and port facing forward with the port on either side? just looking for any ideas cuz i don't have a meter to play with to find out myself.

boomzilla
03-01-2009, 03:33 PM
subs up, port facing rear of trunk

tsupra98
03-01-2009, 03:35 PM
subs up, port facing rear of trunk

i'm in college and i don't have way of building a new box. thats why i'm wondering with this same box what way would be louder

WildSebring
03-01-2009, 03:36 PM
You were at the TBP show on the 22nd werent you?

I remember seeing you there. I wondered why you had 4 gauge connecting the Vr2000d..;)

Subs up, port firing rear will do well. Will the mic like it better? Only one way to find out. Build it and test it..

I had the White Sebring there with nothing in it. But on the 8th, I'll be there with everything installed in my sig.. :)

146dB is pretty good @ a 41hz cycle.

IDSkoT
03-01-2009, 03:37 PM
I did an install in a G2 Integra, and I put subs up, ports back (2x P3's in a 3.5 cubed box tuned to 40) off mediocre power, and it was incredibly loud.

tsupra98
03-01-2009, 03:41 PM
You were at the TBP show on the 22nd werent you?

I remember seeing you there. I wondered why you had 4 gauge connecting the Vr2000d..;)

Subs up, port firing rear will do well. Will the mic like it better? Only one way to find out. Build it and test it..

I had the White Sebring there with nothing in it. But on the 8th, I'll be there with everything installed in my sig.. :)

146dB is pretty good @ a 41hz cycle.

yea i was there. i have 1/0g going to my back batt and then i ran out of it and had a **** load of 4g laying around at the time and i have like 2 or 3 inches of 4g going to a distro and splitting to two 4g and going to the amp. i do need to get 1/0 and fix it but i don't have any money anymore for this stuff as of right now.

also i won't be able to make it to the next few shows i'm flying home for spring break and staying for a week and half so hopefully i'll be able to make it up to a few others near the end of march or so

tsupra98
03-01-2009, 11:36 PM
anyone?

tsupra98
03-02-2009, 01:58 PM
anyone here i don't have the option of changing boxes for the time being