PDA

View Full Version : box stuff

flyasspimp
08-27-2003, 05:27 PM
ok im still learning some stuff and got a few questions....lower the port tune the lower the sound, or what??? And also why put fiberglass over the tire well??? Also is there a place somewhere that explains in steps how to build a box??? And what kinda carpeting should be used....if you just like put a link that tells alot of stuff about boxes (including the ?'s i asked) that would be fine too. Thanks in advance

iceteebone
08-27-2003, 05:55 PM
try this site: http://www.carstereo.com/help/Articles.cfm?id=46 it explains how to build a box. if you look around the site it has calculators that determine tunning frequencies.

Trixter
08-28-2003, 11:47 AM
1) The lower the port tuning, the lower the freq. the sub will hit. The high end is determined by the x-over freq.
2) Fiberglass in a spare tire well will prevent the metal from flexing and resonating. (I used 2 layers in mine)
3) Dont' really know about box explainations...web sites I guess. I don't know of any off hand.
4) I get my carpeting/fabric from the local fabric shop. If there is minimal chances of stuff hitting the box, it works great, and you can pick anything you like. If there is a big chance of things hitting the box then I would go with automotive carpet that is commonly used. Ask at auto and car audio stores.

flyasspimp
08-28-2003, 06:45 PM
thanks for everything the site really helped and all of it helped