PDA

View Full Version : Need New/Different Tweets

qkassidyw
02-28-2009, 01:02 PM
I don't know if you saw my review on the Tempo 6's but I can't stand the tweeters so I am in the market for a different set.

The Tempo 6's were very harsh on my ears, lots of ear piercing and the frequencies sounded mismatched (some frequencies are really loud and others are normal).

I listen to electronic type music mostly but also rock, stuff with lots of vocals and hip hop on occasion. I need tweeters that are very soft (will probably need it to be a silk dome tweet) and will be able to play loud and maintain clarity.

They will be powered with a Rainbow iPaul 2.400 (130 RMS I believe). So they need to be able to handle some power; they will be paired with the Tempo 6 mid and either a Type-R crossover or the Morel crossovers.

Let me know your recommendations (let me know if you have actually listened to them too).

Etac
02-28-2009, 03:58 PM
an EQ could go along way in taming those peaks, and can clean up your other speaks also.. also if they're peaky in the 3.2 range, depending how thy're crossed, wiring the tweets out of phase might help.

viscid240
02-28-2009, 07:14 PM
an EQ could go along way in taming those peaks, and can clean up your other speaks also.. also if they're peaky in the 3.2 range, depending how thy're crossed, wiring the tweets out of phase might help.

x2, try this route first. I am pleased with mine and still have some tunning to do.

qkassidyw
03-01-2009, 12:46 AM
thats a very good suggestion and I will try it in the morning.

I was thinking about getting an EQ as well. But after putting in the Type-R crossovers, I still just dont like the way they sound overall. They have no clarity at all but at least they aren't killing my ears...

I will probably upgrade to an Active setup....who knows.

qkassidyw
03-01-2009, 06:52 PM
Changed polarity of the drivers tweet and it sounds much better, but just not where I think it should be...

Etac
03-01-2009, 06:56 PM
do you have these tweeters up high by any chance?

qkassidyw
03-01-2009, 10:28 PM
yeah, they are in the door triangles, i don't want to make pods for my car or drill any holes.

James Bang
03-01-2009, 10:44 PM
try them in the kicks.