PDA

View Full Version : Question about the extreme flex problem???

rickymac21
02-26-2009, 10:29 AM
alright.. i put my 18" mt's in my car. in a 14 cubic ft box tuned to 35 hertz with 4 6" aeros . subs up ports back... anyways. the hatch is flexing rediculously too much.. besides spending $60 on dynamat i was wondering if there was another way to go about that problem.. i was thinking about building a wall of mdf inbetween the hatch and the box. so basicacally the hatch wouldnt even be apart of the cabin where the box is.. make sense??? would this work ? and would it possibly make it a bit louder and cleaner?

orangecounty1
02-26-2009, 10:31 AM
its hard to give a for sure answer. you just gotta trial and error and find something that works and stops the rattles best... its gonna rattle some, but just play aroudn and see what you come up with

rickymac21
02-26-2009, 10:33 AM
its hard to give a for sure answer. you just gotta trial and error and find something that works and stops the rattles best... its gonna rattle some, but just play aroudn and see what you come up with

yea.. i figured that might be what i hear... do you have any preferences on the idea i have about that mdf wall??? stopping the rattle and possibly increasing spl and sql ?? it makes sense to me it would seeing there would be less car flex so the waves or whatever can reverberate to the front of the car better... but im no expert by any means