PDA

View Full Version : Need Box Help Please.

kfx450r
02-25-2009, 07:26 PM
Well, ive already been insulted on my porting skills and i really dont feel comfortable tuning the type of box i want, its simple just not for me. I want to throw 2x type Rs 12" in it...I want each sub to be on right and left of box with a slot port in the middle both subs in a common chamber. Id like it tuned to 34 hz and the box to be 5 cu/ft after all displacements so 2.5 to each sub. The max dimensions i can fit are 50" wide, 27" tall, 16" depth, id rather the height to a minimum and a wide box.

SSS 18734
02-25-2009, 07:38 PM
You probably won't be able to make a common chamber unless you make the port extremely small. If I get some free time later tonight I might make you a sketchup.

You might as well post the sub depth, inner cutout, and outer cutout (if you want a double baffle).

kfx450r
02-25-2009, 07:43 PM
You probably won't be able to make a common chamber unless you make the port extremely small. If I get some free time later tonight I might make you a sketchup.

You might as well post the sub depth, inner cutout, and outer cutout (if you want a double baffle).

Does it matter if i have double baffle or not. It makes no diff to me. Subs would be preferred to be facing up, port can be facing up or forward in a ext cab truck.
Mounting Depth is 7.7"
Mounting Diameter is 10.9"
Displacement front mount is .071
I guess having 2 chambers would be fine, id like to move as much air as possible with these aswell so I was hoping for a bigger port size but i know that would make it harder to tune it down.

SSS 18734
02-25-2009, 08:52 PM
The baffle is usually the weakest part of the sub box, so many people opt to double up on the thickness. And it looks more professional, IMO.

I'll need the outer diameter to do the double baffle, though, not the depth of the front mount.

I could make them in a common chamber if the port is out to one side. Is there anything specific (other than port placement) you want to do with this box, or do you want everything to be simple and straightforward?

kfx450r
02-25-2009, 09:44 PM
The baffle is usually the weakest part of the sub box, so many people opt to double up on the thickness. And it looks more professional, IMO.

I'll need the outer diameter to do the double baffle, though, not the depth of the front mount.

I could make them in a common chamber if the port is out to one side. Is there anything specific (other than port placement) you want to do with this box, or do you want everything to be simple and straightforward?
Couldnt find that measurement online so i just measured it from side to side.. was about 12 and 3/4 inches. I hope thats what you needed. Id rather the port in the middle but id like this to be simple and straight forward so u can just make it to one side. Id like the port hole, and both subs all facing up so on same side. Other then that nothing special. Id prefer if the box was 50" wide as it would fit real nice and snug in the back if u can make that work if not its cool. Thanks.

iamamp3pimp
02-25-2009, 09:52 PM
i can do it for you like you are asking, shoot me a pm if interested.

SSS 18734
02-26-2009, 04:02 AM
I sketched you a box. Use this thread for your questions, comments, etc:

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?p=5891094#post5891094

Let me know if there is anyway I can change it for you to better fit your preferences. Make sure to post a build log if you end up using it!