PDA

View Full Version : Best Components for around $130usd?

jonB
08-26-2003, 05:06 PM
I am looking at the perfect 505cs kappas for $143 at Ikesound.com or MbQuart RSD213 $134 (sale). Anything better in that price range please feel free to mention. Also I am looking for some nice, smooth (SQ) mid range base but not 'crashing' hi's. I like somewhat bright tweet sound so long as it's crisp and doesnt shrill in my ear at low volumes. I am running a ppi amp at approx 300 watts 2 channel 4ohms which i can bridge and keep the gain down so power isnt an issue (rms). Anyway all speaker-related suggestions are welcome.

Gauntlet
08-26-2003, 07:05 PM
You should really listen to those sets before purchasing them, those are 2 components that fall under the love/hate category...although I suppose everything falls under that category, it's just more extreme with the Perfects and MB's

jonB
08-26-2003, 07:20 PM
Yeah, unfortunately its almost futile listening to speakers in a store as it is entirely different environment to the interior of a car. Some things that soun dlike utter trash in a store may sound nice in a car and vice versa (and of course amps used etc..). I am hoping to find user comments from ppl whove had previous experience with either set.

Gauntlet
08-26-2003, 07:25 PM
Well, any car audio store that values their customer should offer to let you hear the product in your car...or at least a car....

Anyways....I've heard both, and I fall into the hate category for both of them.....what size are you looking for?

jonB
08-26-2003, 08:35 PM
5.25" for an acura integra RS

Gauntlet
08-26-2003, 08:40 PM
http://www.sounddomain.com/sku/CRYCPE50

Another one to consider...

namster44
08-26-2003, 09:30 PM
With a baffle you could try and make a set of CDT Cl 61a Fit,

http://www.thezeb.com/caraudio/specials_speakers.html

jonB
08-26-2003, 09:32 PM
is CDT any good, never heard of them

Gauntlet
08-26-2003, 09:40 PM
is CDT any good, never heard of them

Yes, I own a pair....better than any of the aforementioned component speakers in my opinion...

jonB
08-26-2003, 09:42 PM
anyone ever deal with thezeb.com? are htey reliable?

Gauntlet
08-26-2003, 09:46 PM
anyone ever deal with thezeb.com? are htey reliable?

Yep, that's where I ordered mine from, along with countless other people on here. Free UPS Ground shipping :D

jonB
08-26-2003, 09:49 PM
I like dealing with sounddomain i ordered my xtant amp frm them. Are the cyrstals separates as good/comparable to CDT? I am not familiar with either brand and they arent stocked here in Canada. Do cyrstals hold up to decent boston acoustics?

Gauntlet
08-26-2003, 09:52 PM
TheZeb is better than SoundDomain. ;)

As far as comparing brands....model numbers are needed....

Trev36
08-27-2003, 02:58 PM
I just had the CDT CL-641 comps installed in my car and they sound amazing. There is only one authorized dealer in Canda for CDT's. It is:
www.genuinecanadianaudio.com/ (many top quality brands at this site) I bought mine from the Zeb and they arrived in a week. I bought the 2002 model for $249.99 US, but with all shipping, exchange, and GST, it came out to $460.00 CAN. That is still cheaper than Genuine Canadian Auto.

jonB
08-27-2003, 03:01 PM
Heh you know what i''ll just have them shipped free to my sister in LA. THat way when she comes in September she can bring them up, duty free!! This is the best way for me to take advantage of such a good deal.

Trev36
08-27-2003, 03:16 PM
Good plan. By the way, I didn't have to pay any duty on the speakers. The Zeb just marked 'automotive parts' on the box. You should also check out www.etronics.com as they ship to Canada and they have an on-line ordering system that will show you all costs involved--TOTAL(no hidden charges). They also have half decent prices. Check out the Zeb for the CDT CL-6X and their 'Image Enhancement System'. Both are on for sale for $49.99 US.

jonB
08-27-2003, 03:27 PM
Trev, be weary of Etronics i've heard a LOT of horror stories regarding their services. Eg. Items arriving DOA and customer service next to impossible to get ahold of, one item was actually missing from teh box (digital camera) heh and I've heard countless other serious complaints enough to stear me clear of Etronics. I only use etronics as a price match site.

Gauntlet
08-27-2003, 03:45 PM
Trev, be weary of Etronics i've heard a LOT of horror stories regarding their services. Eg. Items arriving DOA and customer service next to impossible to get ahold of, one item was actually missing from teh box (digital camera) heh and I've heard countless other serious complaints enough to stear me clear of Etronics. I only use etronics as a price match site.

I've used Etronics at least 9 or 10 times, and I've never had any problem with any aspect of the transactions...

jonB
08-27-2003, 03:50 PM
Yea but are you aware that the vast majority of Car Audio manufacturers WONT honor warranties for equipment purchased from online retailers not authorized to sell their equipment. Such is the case with Etronics, I had even contacted several car audio manufacturers myself to confirm Eg. JL audio, Alpine, and Rockford to name only a few.