PDA

View Full Version : Components With or Without 2-Ch Amp

james33440
08-26-2003, 03:42 PM
My friend just received his Infinity Reference 505cs Components today. He really wants to install them now to see how they sound. Should he take time out of his day to install the components in the front doors with the tweets in the sailpanels powered off the deck or should he just wait to get a 2-ch amp? They say 75RMS on the back of the magnets. Would there really be a night and day difference by using a deck's power vs. a 2-ch amp? He was either looking at getting a Kicker KX200.2 or US Acoustics USB-4065 amp. He may decide to get additional coaxials in the rear, so that's why he is considering the US Acoustics amp (it's cheap & powerful). Otherwise, he will use the Kicker and buy some cheap coaxials and power them off the deck. Any suggestions??? :)

SPLThunder
08-26-2003, 04:53 PM
Amped components make all the difference. When the mids and highs get loud the system sounds so much better.

If he cant wait go ahead, but be sure to amp them eventually.

Im still waiting to install my fanaticx comps until i get an amp. My opinion is its not worth it because you arent going to be getting the full potential out of them and you might be decived into thinking they arent as good as they really are

Bavarian3
08-26-2003, 05:35 PM
wait to get the 2 channel amp. it would probly be a pain to have to run the wires of the amp again so just do it all at once. plus un-amped components wont be too great.