PDA

View Full Version : Topless Jeep Build?

Dak446
02-24-2009, 10:51 PM
ok, so my brother is building a jeep to take to moab, and rock climb. he put the teraflex suspension, wider tires, lift, etc... on it, and it's a beast. now he wants me to design him an enclosure, and pick him out. what should i do? i was thinking about building a downfiring enclosure for a dd 1508, so it has something to load off of. what are some other ideas?:confused:

IDSkoT
02-24-2009, 10:55 PM
ok, so my brother is building a jeep to take to moab, and rock climb. he put the teraflex suspension, wider tires, lift, etc... on it, and it's a beast. now he wants me to design him an enclosure, and pick him out. what should i do? i was thinking about building a downfiring enclosure for a dd 1508, so it has something to load off of. what are some other ideas?:confused:

Fourth order that bish.

But on the real, I'd try to design something modular, so he can take it when he leaves. Like try to make something that resembles a Molex plug so he can disconnect that and just take the sub / amp with him so it doesn't rust.

Dak446
02-24-2009, 11:42 PM
it's always going to be in the garage, or my dad's shop,when it's not in use. he uses it for rock crawling and 4 wheeling. i think 4th order would be too big, since he wants to keep it relatively small (he's adding a big toolbox and stuff) it's also going to be covered in a thick metal layer, then rhinolined, to prevent it from rusting and all that. im wondering about box placement/loading, etc.

hondarider
02-24-2009, 11:50 PM
I think rhino lined is definitely a good idea. I would also choose down firing to help protect the sub from and damage. Ported or sealed could both work well depending on the size of the box

IDSkoT
02-24-2009, 11:57 PM
I think rhino lined is definitely a good idea. I would also choose down firing to help protect the sub from and damage. Ported or sealed could both work well depending on the size of the box

Definitely. I'd make a sort of concave exit with fiberglass.

Dak446
02-25-2009, 12:04 AM
what do you mean concave exit? im not worried about finish, i pretty much got that figured out. how would i make this sound best? how much is the fact that it doesn't have a top on going to affect sound/loudness?

jdawg
02-25-2009, 12:05 AM
downfire or loading board will help

Dak446
02-25-2009, 12:06 AM
loading board? like if i fired it toward the "cabin", and put like a piece of lexan infront of the sub?

dennit469
02-25-2009, 04:28 PM
buddy o mine had a 04 sahara wrangler before the parkin brake decided to give out at the top of his driveway and run itself into a tree at the bottm and total itself anyy way he had a 10 kicker l5 with a pre made box from sonix electronix and it sounded half way decent, not many options for a box with a wranglerr sorry buddy

Dak446
02-25-2009, 04:34 PM
was it topless? but im building my own box, just looking for opinions