PDA

View Full Version : help with sealing ports

renswic
02-23-2009, 03:10 PM
hiyas guys, i habe an idea of what i need to do, just want to be sure its the right idea. a buddy of mine game be a 2 10in sub box that he started to add 2 2in ports to, he has the holes cut out and im looking to seal them(the subs im putting in sound better with out ports) i was thinking of cutting some 4x4 squares outta a small sheet of MDF board i have doing a thick bead of silicone around the holes then screawing the board down around it? would that work?

KyleBechtold
02-23-2009, 03:16 PM
ed has port plugs.. the wood will work... it will look goofy.. if he cut a circle out use the same size he did if he cut a square out cut a piece you think will be slightly bigger.. and slowly make it smaller till it fits... now then.. get a square piece of wood big enough to cover the hole.. do it from the inside.. get screws that are long enough to make it throw it but not go through the outside.. then use the piece you cut out to fit in it.. put silicone on the sides of the hole and slide the piece in.. let it dry.. now if you are going to carpet you can sand it down a little so there aren't lumps..

Alex JB
02-23-2009, 03:38 PM
or just screw/seal the squares on from the inside and use expanding foam to fill in the holes from the outside then carpet, might be quicker and easier.

renswic
02-24-2009, 01:59 AM
or just screw/seal the squares on from the inside and use expanding foam to fill in the holes from the outside then carpet, might be quicker and easier.

ya thats what i did :) thou ima sand the foam flat and just use some of my left over roll on bed liner to cover it it will match my s10 blazer that way :D