PDA

View Full Version : any one run mb quart?

Zade08
02-22-2009, 07:35 PM
hey guys iv heard the old mbquart speakers and loved them. I havnt heard theem since maxxsonic bought them out. Can any one tel me if there still worth a **** or not. Im looking for a 2 sets of comps to replace all my kicker ks coaxles and these fell right in my price range.

Zade08
02-22-2009, 07:37 PM
btw I have to fully loaded fi 15" bls on a saz-3000d and a sax-50.4 to run my comps sp they need to be pretty loud. Iv also considered eminence and seleniums but want to hear them first.

Zade08
02-22-2009, 07:37 PM
btw I have to fully loaded fi 15" bls on a saz-3000d and a sax-50.4 to run my comps sp they need to be pretty loud. Iv also considered eminence and seleniums but want to hear them first.

Random1010
02-22-2009, 07:39 PM
Check out CDT

bamaboy
02-22-2009, 07:40 PM
whats your price range?

mbquart is known for really harsh tweeters, i personally cant stand them, i cringe at loud tweeters, but alas some people like that so its a matter of opinion

would i buy them? hell no, but you might like them

Beerdrnkr
02-22-2009, 09:06 PM
You might be able to find the older ones on ebay. The premium and QSD series are really nice as long as you turn down the tweeters a little on the xovers.

R/T Pimp
02-22-2009, 09:12 PM
We run MB Quart in our sq car. If you do not know how to image your components and how to dial in the amps and crossovers then yes the tweeters could be harsh. Understand I would be what you call a silk dome tweeter guy because I do not like harsh tweeters and if you know how to set up your gear MB Quart's tweeters are very far from harsh. Old compared to new, the build quality may not be at the same level but the new tweeters are sick. If we did run the Quarts then we were going to run ID horns. MB Quarts have a very very appealing price, so I would strongly consider them.

Zade08
02-23-2009, 01:52 PM
Thanks alot for the price guys. Harsh tweeters are ok in my book. The ks series I had are pretty bad but I like that tinny sound. I just cant stand em like those audiopipe bullet tweeters. Ima listen around to some stuff before I buy. Does any one have any other opinions?

grimreper912003
02-23-2009, 02:34 PM
I ran MB Quart QSD216's and they were beautiful. I ran them passive with the tweet at -3db and I loved them. Im not a fan of harsh tweets but I would say I like bright tweeters. If you like bright Tweets then MB quarts are great. I also ran them in a non deadened door and it wasnt sealed and the Mid bass was pretty nice.

grimreper912003
02-23-2009, 02:35 PM
We run MB Quart in our sq car. If you do not know how to image your components and how to dial in the amps and crossovers then yes the tweeters could be harsh. Understand I would be what you call a silk dome tweeter guy because I do not like harsh tweeters and if you know how to set up your gear MB Quart's tweeters are very far from harsh. Old compared to new, the build quality may not be at the same level but the new tweeters are sick. If we did run the Quarts then we were going to run ID horns. MB Quarts have a very very appealing price, so I would strongly consider them.

x2 I never understood why the called them harsh. I was only giving mine 50w RMS but still, they werent harsh at all. kept up with a Fi Q perfectly.