PDA

View Full Version : Speaker/Hu/Tweeter Issue.

CallMeChad
02-22-2009, 05:31 PM
i decided to start a fresh new thread since my other thread went no were.

ok here is whats going on. i got some new tweeters i wanted to hook up.

Boss Dome TW17 Tweeters. Nothing Fancy. (dont flame i know there cheap)

well i mounted the tweeters and ran wire to the back of my HU. they have built in cross-overs. i was ganna run them with my speaker wires on the back of my HU. well 1 problem was my tweeters wasnt blocking any bass at all. so i decided to unhook them for now and come here and ask were i should run them to.

then another issue came up. when i connected my speaker wires back to my HU. the bass on the front speakers was ALOT louder and more bass then my HU restarts everytime it gets to loud, well its seems like it atleast. but it restarts every single time. and i have no clue why. i have a Loud button on my HU, for more bass and when i turn it off its fine if i turn my volume up without it on i think at 14 my HU restarts but if i hit the loud it restarts right then and there. i pretty much gotta keep my loud button off and my volume down now so it wont restart.

what did i do? how can i fix it from restarting and were should i run my tweeters too?

CallMeChad
02-22-2009, 05:55 PM
anyone?

CallMeChad
02-22-2009, 09:36 PM
there isnt anyone out there who can help me?

CallMeChad
02-22-2009, 10:38 PM
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

CallMeChad
02-23-2009, 04:56 PM
i guess noone wants to help me

dafobbishon3
02-23-2009, 04:58 PM
don't use loud. don't use sound retrieve. i usually have the deck's EQ set on flat. and tune it from there. cause it decreases all the distortion.