PDA

View Full Version : Component speaker placement.

gqjeff
02-22-2009, 12:03 PM
Ok I bought my son a set pf infinity 6.1 comps I just did not like the mid base we were getting from the 4*6 in the door. I had also installed a set of 1" infinity tweeters but they are currently running of the HU and with the comps I will run them off the 300/4 along with the 6*9 in the rear deck. I was wanting to put the 6.5 with adapter in the 4*6 slot in the door and then use the hole I cut for the tweeters for the new ones. The problem is the 4*6 are at the bottom of the door and the tweets r at the top. Most of what I have read recommends them to be within 1 foot of another but the way it is now they will be like 2-2.5" feet apart. Is that going to be a huge problem with the sound meshing or would you not worry about it? I would get him a new kick panel but as I said I already cut holes for the other tweeters in the door cards.

TIA, Jeff

kizz
02-22-2009, 01:17 PM
i have my tweets of my components mounted in the corners of the dash by the windshield where the 3.5s are suppose to go. i dont hear any problems with the sound. i like how the tweeters bounce off the dash. however, my opinion is pretty slim cuz i havent heard components in a car any other way. im sure ur tweets will b fine high on the door.

gqjeff
02-22-2009, 07:41 PM
any other thoughts from anyone or advice?

Punk In Drublic
02-22-2009, 08:09 PM
Kick panels

DidUHearThat?
02-22-2009, 08:15 PM
The seperation will not be an issue. Install the mid/bass in the doors well with lots of dampening and seal up the door real good. I prefer to have the tweets into the far corners of the dash under the windshield to give better imaging, but it' doesnt' have to go there. Just make sure the tweets can be heard from both front seats.

gqjeff
02-22-2009, 08:20 PM
Would it be worthwhile to move the current tweets in the doors to the position you are talking about and continue to run these tweets off the HU and then install the comps where the old tweeter was off the 300/4? Or would that be overkill and be to much treble?

gqjeff
02-23-2009, 11:45 AM
anybody else

gqjeff
02-23-2009, 08:00 PM
anymore input on 2 sets of tweeters or overkill or waste of time? If you scroll up a few posts you can see what I am reffering too also.. TIA, Jeff

macq32
02-23-2009, 08:49 PM
I personally would not run 2 sets of tweeters, its just too harsh for me, i think many would agree.