PDA

View Full Version : Single wire type door locks on Ford Escape

NeverEnuffBass
02-18-2009, 06:43 PM
I'm doing a remote start/ keyless on an Escape tomorrow. I'll be able to get the starter done with no problem but I've never had to deal with these types of door locks. I know its a Pink/White wire that does both lock and unlock and needs ground through a 1Kohm resistor for lock. I'm guessing I need to use relays to do this? Anyone care to help me out maybe with a diagram of the relays or something? The unit I'm installing is a Viper160VX btw.

NeverEnuffBass
02-18-2009, 09:46 PM
ttt

JBerger
02-18-2009, 09:50 PM
The Viper160XV should come with the relay either built in or in the box as a "451M"
Is this true?
Lock wires should be about a 14 aug
Colors should be: Blue/Black, Green/Black, Brown/Black, White/Black and 2 Common Violet/Blacks.

qkassidyw
02-18-2009, 11:48 PM
Yeah, the 451M will do the trick. I cant remember if its positive or negative trigger though.

Put the 1k resistor on the lock wire (blue/black) then connect that to the unlock wire (green/black) then connect the end of that wire to the lock/unlock wire in the escape.

If its negative trigger then connect purple to ground, if its positive trigger connect purple to +12V constant.

And you wont need white or brown

THUNDERBIRD
02-19-2009, 09:54 PM
should be a link on directechs for the tech tip. do you have the snake pit book with all the tech tips and bypass instructions in it? i have an old 07 book will sell ya for $20 shipped

NeverEnuffBass
02-19-2009, 10:04 PM
should be a link on directechs for the tech tip. do you have the snake pit book with all the tech tips and bypass instructions in it? i have an old 07 book will sell ya for $20 shipped

Funny you mention the snake pit book as my boss just informed me today that we have one. The car rescheduled

THUNDERBIRD
02-20-2009, 08:49 PM
Funny you mention the snake pit book as my boss just informed me today that we have one. The car rescheduled

yeah take it and hold it ransom as it is great! are you still working in that high end shop?