PDA

View Full Version : just looking for opinions...how long is too long

iamamp3pimp
02-18-2009, 12:23 PM
to wait for communication from a seller, after the money is sent?

im just wondering if you send your money to somoeone, how long is too long to wait for them to respond to a PM or something like that....if you notice that they are active at least once or twice a day..?

just wondering...

Varinabassing
02-18-2009, 12:24 PM
give them 2 days max then say something politely no response after that time to get a lil more stern lol

Trey803
02-18-2009, 12:24 PM
1 week w/o communication(7 days)

iamamp3pimp
02-18-2009, 12:27 PM
its been 6 days

i politely asked whats going on a couple of times.

If something arose and its gonna take a week extra to ship em out, thats fine, as long as i know whats going on.

i dont want it to be like "They shipped" like this person is doing me a favor...

jco1385
02-18-2009, 12:27 PM
if you have my cash, bes' had let me know the business pretty **** quick, esp if you are online

if they have the cash, and are online here....there is a NO DAY excuse for that

iamamp3pimp
02-18-2009, 12:28 PM
since i paid with my credit card on paypal, how long should i wait w/o communications before doing a chargeback?

jeepintn
02-18-2009, 12:29 PM
if you have my cash, bes' had let me know the business pretty **** quick, esp if you are online

if they have the cash, and are online here....there is a NO DAY excuse for that

agreed, when they take your money they obligate themselves to keep you informed IMO

Rashaddd
02-18-2009, 12:30 PM
I was expecting someting totally different when I clicked on this

iamamp3pimp
02-18-2009, 12:31 PM
does the value of the sale matter in your opinion?

its just under 200 bucks

iamamp3pimp
02-18-2009, 12:31 PM
I was expecting someting totally different when I clicked on thislmao

it is in the classifieds.....but jumping into it from the top ten, i can understand

donpisto
02-18-2009, 12:32 PM
Rather than PM'ing, send an email. If no response in a day or two and they have logged on then I'd make something of it. 6 days is too much if they log in at least once a day. I would say no more than 3 days, some say it's being pushy but heck, the person took the time to log in and view threads and whatnot, but they can't look at their PM's and respond?

iamamp3pimp
02-18-2009, 12:33 PM
Rather than PM'ing, send an email. If no response in a day or two and they have logged on then I'd make something of it. 6 days is too much if they log in at least once a day. I would say no more than 3 days, some say it's being pushy but heck, the person took the time to log in and view threads and whatnot, but they can't look at their PM's and respond?

on top of that, he hasnt posted in 4 days, but does get online every day.

im annoyed, but not to the point of taking action

not this minute anyway

donpisto
02-18-2009, 12:34 PM
Value of the sale does not matter. That's the point. The point is you paid for something, haven't received it, haven't received communication, attempted communication, and still NOTHING. Send the email, wait another day, I guess wait till tomorrow or you can be nice enough to wait till you log in on Friday and if nothing, file the claim/do chargeback.

I would state in the email, along with another PM that you are going to have to take action if you don't hear a response.

donpisto
02-18-2009, 12:36 PM
on top of that, he hasnt posted in 4 days, but does get online every day.

im annoyed, but not to the point of taking action

not this minute anyway

That's interesting. It's basically how you feel about when is right taking action. I think with ebay auctions or something it's 2 weeks. PayPal may ask you to wait that long, not sure though.

iamamp3pimp
02-18-2009, 12:37 PM
well, i say not at this moment because im at work, but i also dont want to jump the gun

but is it really jumping the gun when you have sent them PM's for the past couple days with no response?

TurdFergueson2
02-18-2009, 12:42 PM
The fact that he's on might not mean much. I always leave this tab up at work, so it looks like I'm on 24/7. But that's still no excuse to not be on especially if you got a deal pending. Some people just don't care, some do. I try and have that person's goods in the mail either that day or the next day. I guess some people like to make sure the money is cleared and spent before they ship someone their ****.

Cabin_Pressure
02-18-2009, 12:49 PM
Not telling you how to handle your business, but i usually speak with a person over the phone before i send money. That way i know i have more than CA.com to use to get in touch with them.

jco1385
02-18-2009, 12:55 PM
if you are signed in and idle for over an hour i think....it auto-logs you off.

i've left this up, come in after lunch (~1hr) and hit refresh. and log in again

Pl8er
02-18-2009, 12:56 PM
to wait for communication from a seller, after the money is sent?

im just wondering if you send your money to somoeone, how long is too long to wait for them to respond to a PM or something like that....if you notice that they are active at least once or twice a day..?

just wondering...

I honestly do very little with people on here unless I am the seller or unless they are a very reputable member. Just not worth the hassle of it all.

1 week w/o communication(7 days)

I agree, people do have lives outside of CA.com. I mean if they are active all the time, perhaps they need better time management, but it doesn't mean that they are going to the post office and such.

I was expecting someting totally different when I clicked on this

***** :P

iamamp3pimp
02-18-2009, 02:01 PM
Not telling you how to handle your business, but i usually speak with a person over the phone before i send money. That way i know i have more than CA.com to use to get in touch with them.

i generally do, but this guy seemes legit

i mean, i was able to acquire his phone number, so perhaps ill give him a call...