PDA

View Full Version : Midbass options

Beerdrnkr
02-18-2009, 03:45 AM
I posted this on DIYMA but was also wondering if anyone here has experimented with anything like this as well.

I have a few options I was wondering about and wanted to hear everyone's opinion on this. I currently just installed 8" midbass drivers in the doors, I have 4" drivers in the kick panels, and tweets on the A-Pillars. I will be running a 3sixty.2 along with a Pioneer 800prs. Basically after wiring everything the way I want it (I think), I will basically have the Center ch. of the 3sixty.2 unit unoccupied. Ok, now to the options. I have an extra 50wrms x 2 amp that I can add and I was wondering if it would be worth it to stick in 2 more 6 1/2" midbass drivers in the rear doors? I have decent processing for them including T/A with the center ch. the only problem being that they would be in mono. Would this screw up my frontstage or would it be a good way to add a little more impact along with the 8's up front. Another option could be running something full-range in the rears for a little more of an ambient sound, once again the problem being a mono signal. Final option would be to totally just seal up the rear doors and never think about them again :laugh: Anyone ever experiment with something similar?

Blue Fury
02-18-2009, 03:51 AM
I say don't do it. It'd be cheaper and less work for you.

PaulThompson229
02-18-2009, 03:55 AM
I wouldn't put anything in the rear, and before getting more midbass (which it looks like you have covered) I would get a pair of midtweets.

How much did you pay for the 3sixty if you don't mind me asking? Do you like it? I am thinking of getting one for myself.

Beerdrnkr
02-18-2009, 04:02 AM
I wouldn't put anything in the rear, and before getting more midbass (which it looks like you have covered) I would get a pair of midtweets.

How much did you pay for the 3sixty if you don't mind me asking? Do you like it? I am thinking of getting one for myself.

I think I'm pretty set on my midrange and tweeters but I like a lot of midbass. I might get another amp though that'll pump out more power to the 8's, either way I gotta spend money...lol...I haven't actually installed the 3sixty yet but it'll be installed in a few days. I went to an SQ comp on sunday and I didn't hear many good things about them so I'm a little skeptical. As long as I don't get any added noise (which is what was mostly stated) and since the bluetooth problem has been solved on the version 2 3sixty's I should be ok. They do have a ton of processing which is nice. I paid $275 shipped for mine. You can find them cheaper on ebay sometimes, I would just make sure that it's a newer version.

James Bang
02-18-2009, 10:53 AM
my vote is no. keep it simple. :)

Beerdrnkr
02-18-2009, 01:15 PM
my vote is no. keep it simple. :)

I have a problem with keeping thing simple...lol