PDA

View Full Version : questions on active

Frijoles24
02-17-2009, 05:35 PM
heres a draw up from what i understand active means with the equipment i have.
as for the crossovers, do i need active specific crossovers? in the drawing, my crossover has 2 input 2 output (hi and low). which i (would) split straight from EQQ.
ill be ignoring rear fill for now.
**also, another thought. if i used the front and rear from the head unit as left and right for the front stage.. would that work?

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g63/Frijoles24/active.jpg

Frijoles24
02-17-2009, 09:32 PM
can anybody help me ?

jdc753
02-17-2009, 09:39 PM
Kinda hard to follow your diagram but most active processing comes from either an HU(Alpin 9887, Pioneer PRS880/800, and many more), or some sort of outboard processor such as a Alpine H701, or a AudioControl DQX as well as numerous others.

From your image and post it seems like you already have some form of standalone outboard crossover?? Is this crossover adjustable? The main thing in active is ADJUSTABLE crossover points and slopes, otherwise it would be a passive crossover (such as what comes with a component set.)

For my truck I have a Alpine 9887 and use its processing to set my crossover points and slopes for my sub, pair of mids and pair of tweets. You will loose front/rear fade but will maintain left/right balance. Depending on your processor or HU the tweets will go on the rear and the mids on the front both with L/R (or flipped tweets/mids front/rear) and the sub on the sub out.