PDA

View Full Version : think i made a BIG misake

kizz
02-17-2009, 05:26 PM
so, i recently bought a set of jl 6.5inch xr components off sonicelectronix, yes you heard me sonicelectronix. well, i installed them to a kicker 350.4 cuz i have rear jl tr 6by9s. well, my one midrange doesn't work-AT ALL!!!! i haven't gotten a chance to test it to the other crossover til tomorrow. both tweeters work just not one midrange. Then....... i read the rip off report of sonicelectronix last night and freaked out cuz now im scared i wont get a replacement or they will screw me. great time to read the report huh? well, im lost as what to do. anyone ever had a midrange be doa?

PaulThompson229
02-17-2009, 05:28 PM
It has happened to me, although I bought authorized so I got a free replacement

mr.michael
02-17-2009, 05:29 PM
bro just handle your biz when you can if they have a number call it. until you know for sure what the problem is just chill. test them if they bad you should be able to send them back. another thing i always find out if my **** is not functional i always need to know if i can send them back for a replacement. it a must.

kizz
02-17-2009, 05:32 PM
ill try and call and see what they say.

JrVtecAccord
02-17-2009, 05:39 PM
Sonicelectronix usually has good CS & reputation. I have personally used the RMA process for one of my Boston SPZ's MID a couple of months ago and it couldn't be easier.

Just go to your order history then click on the item you want to RMA and go from there. If there is truly a problem with the mid, they will send you a new one.

macq32
02-17-2009, 06:03 PM
sonic electronix is legit, dont freak dude

DidUHearThat?
02-17-2009, 06:34 PM
Test the drivers with a meter. If you don't have one, or don't know how to use it, just use a 9v battery and a pair of short wires to touch the leads on the mids (Disconnet it from the amp and crossover first!). It should make a loud popping sound as you touch the battery leads to the speaker. If it makes noise, the driver is not dead. If it is silent, put the 9v battery to your tounge to make sure your battery isn't dead. Now you know if the driver is dead or not.

If the driver is good plug it back into the crossover, disconnet the tweets, and (disconnet the crossover from the amp) put the battery leads on the inputs for the crossover. The mids should make the same popping noise. If it dosen't, now you know the driver is good but the x-over is bad. Test the other side the same way.

kizz
02-17-2009, 06:36 PM
awesome! thanks ill try that tmw!

Scoobydoo
02-17-2009, 06:42 PM
waaaaaa, someone get him a tissue

Louisiana_CRX
02-17-2009, 06:42 PM
:crap:

Louisiana_CRX
02-17-2009, 06:43 PM
waaaaaa, someone get him a tissue

:crying:

DFW40
02-19-2009, 10:45 PM
I have two 6.5 XR mids sitting in my garage you can have them if you pay shipping, I will make sure they work tomorrow. The frames have some notches cut in them from a previous install but they should work fine. Make sure it is not your crossover first. PM me if you want one or both.