5x7 in doors
6.25 in the rear

csnut18
02-17-2009, 03:37 PM
i am thinking of getting jl audio componet sets in my doors
zr series

5x7 in doors
6.25 in the rear
I have heard them. The Zr series sounds fantastic. If you are buying them on ebay get the jl's cause they can be had for under 500 a piece. If you are buying them authorized, go with cdt's already, you will get more for your money. Look for a two way set in their HD line.

PaulThompson229
02-17-2009, 03:40 PM
I have heard them. The Zr series sounds fantastic. If you are buying them on ebay get the jl's cause they can be had for under 500 a piece. If you are buying them authorized, go with cdt's already, you will get more for your money. Look for a two way set in their HD line.

Winner

okiedokie
02-17-2009, 03:46 PM
what type of car do you have, are going be powering any of your speakers
if i where you i would put the 6.5 's up front,forget about the rears, by a sub
power them with right amount of power.

have you heard any other speaker besides the jl's, if not you should at least look around before you buy, you can save money to buy deadener for your doors.

for price of those comps you can look into
1-focal
2-rainbow
3-morel
4-hertz
5-image dynamics
6-bravox
7-cdt higher line
8-dynaudio
9-zapco
10-realm
etc.............................

if you need deadener, look into secondskin

SlowCamaro
02-17-2009, 03:46 PM

i am getting them from a authorized dealer cause my money is his buy in. I will be getting them at a discount so the price isnt bad at all.

I was going to go with Focals but heard things about the tweeters going out after while. so i decided to get jl from a local shop cause i am helping small bussiness and will have a warranty unlike ebay sales

Nismofreak
02-17-2009, 03:54 PM
jl cheap crap= HARSH HARSH
focal cheap crap= HARSH HARSH
you can get alot of good speakers for $500

csnut18
02-17-2009, 03:54 PM
i am getting them from a authorized dealer cause my money is his buy in. I will be getting them at a discount so the price isnt bad at all.

I was going to go with Focals but heard things about the tweeters going out after while. so i decided to get jl from a local shop cause i am helping small bussiness and will have a warranty unlike ebay sales

Those zr's will probably be at least 900 bucks a pop from an authorized dealer which is sick. Only get the jl's if you are getting them on ebay. If you planning on buying authorized, just get the cdt's from a authorized place and pay that local shop to install them. You can support him that way. The jl's are great too so it's your call.

SlowCamaro
02-17-2009, 03:57 PM
Those zr's will probably be at least 900 bucks a pop from an authorized dealer which is sick. Only get the jl's if you are getting them on ebay. If you planning on buying authorized, just get the cdt's from a authorized place and pay that local shop to install them. You can support him that way. The jl's are great too so it's your call.

i can get 2 sets of componets
tw5 subwoofer
400/4 amp
250/1 amp
box
wirring etc for 2700

csnut18
02-17-2009, 04:00 PM
Oh hehe, you need more bass than one of those thinline subs on 250 watts. You will outgrow that real fast, trust me.

SlowCamaro
02-17-2009, 04:02 PM
Oh hehe, you need more bass than one of those thinline subs on 250 watts. You will outgrow that real fast, trust me.

i do not listen to a lot of bass but if i have to i will add a bigger amp and 2 sub later

okiedokie
02-17-2009, 04:05 PM
have you already bought those jl comps,
you can find just as good or better products off line
jl warranty is ok, jl amps are good are they slash series?
you really dont need rear fill.
you can buy better sounding comps
focal is a great company, there tweeters can harsh, but at least they make there own products.
you need to add deadener to the list,