PDA

View Full Version : 5701 help?

tymoto21
02-17-2009, 01:34 AM
i just put a 5701 in my car. i didnt hook the door locks up yet because i gota drill a hole to get the door actuator to fit right. (running one master lock)
i put the starter in and hit r/s.... it sends back a bad signal then the lights flash 7x. i read you have to program it to automatic mode but when i try to do it still same thing. i turn key on then off, hold light till 3rd flash, hold light till first flash then hold light still 2nd flash, then turn ignition on and off to exit. do i got something wrong there? could it be my tach wire?

SentraStyle
02-17-2009, 04:32 AM
i just put a 5701 in my car. i didnt hook the door locks up yet because i gota drill a hole to get the door actuator to fit right. (running one master lock)
i put the starter in and hit r/s.... it sends back a bad signal then the lights flash 7x. i read you have to program it to automatic mode but when i try to do it still same thing. i turn key on then off, hold light till 3rd flash, hold light till first flash then hold light still 2nd flash, then turn ignition on and off to exit. do i got something wrong there? could it be my tach wire?

It sounds like you might be trying to program it wrong. What you have to do is open the drivers door (your door triggers must be hooked up to program). Then turn the ignition on and then back off as you said you did. Hold down the valet button until you hear your siren chirp 3 times (you are now in menu 3 of the system features learn routine). Now what you have to do is let go of the valet button. Press and release the valet button once and then press and hold. You should now hear your siren chirp once. Now press the unlock button on your remote (you should hear two chirps from your siren). You are now programmed for automatic transmission mode.

Now for your tach...have you programmed your tach? Turn your car on (engine running) and then press and hold the valet button down. Your LED should turn on solid at this point if you have the correct tach wire. If it turns on, turn your car off and you should be good to go with the remote start if those two things were the only things wrong.

tymoto21
02-17-2009, 10:46 AM
kk thanks alot i was programing automatic wrong. i will go try that now. :thumbsup:

ktide
02-17-2009, 11:00 AM
hello did you plug in the safe.net.switch as well as the input wire
I had the same thing happen to me

tymoto21
02-17-2009, 11:03 AM
that little switch thing for the neutral safety wire? both are in, but maybe the switch is a lil out or something.

Worlddre
02-17-2009, 02:43 PM
If you are programing without the siren the led has about a 2 second delay such would be why you are missing programming. Hook the siren up and use that for programming.