PDA

View Full Version : Porting a 4 12 box!!!! Experienced Advice?

SubNoize05
02-16-2009, 11:13 PM
Whats UP guys. Just recently finished my dodge quad cab which I slammed 4 12" Memphis Mojos in on 2 Memphis 2500's. Anyways I built a box for the back that measures 61" long x 14.5" tall x 21.5 wide. All sealed With 3 spacers inside 1 in the middle with a 3/4 inch gap underneath it and then 1 on each of the sides with a 3/4 inch gap above them. My question is What would be the best way to port this box??? would it be with aeroports? Rectangles? PVC pipe? give me your opinions. Its kinda but remember there are 3 spacers staggered inside the box.

01 S 10
02-16-2009, 11:16 PM
have any pics of the inside of this box? do all the subs have equal airspace?

from what im understanding, the box is divided into 3 sections, but you have 4 subs... ???

Linkz
02-16-2009, 11:28 PM
have any pics of the inside of this box? do all the subs have equal airspace?

from what im understanding, the box is divided into 3 sections, but you have 4 subs... ???

I think he meant bracing inside.

galacticmonkey
02-17-2009, 12:40 AM
Is each sub in its own chamber? If so, whats the airspace of each sub?

You could slap some PVC ports in it, but with such nice equipment, just rebuild the box. I could design you one.

SubNoize05
02-17-2009, 12:48 AM
Each sub has 2.7cubes air space. And yes they are all spaced perfectly at 15.25 And I meant Bracing there are 3 braces. 1 directly in the center then 1 in between the 2 pairs. The center one is screwed to the top of the box and has a 3/4 inch gap underneath it and the side braces are screwed to the bottom with a 3/4 inch gap above them.

I really dont need help with designs considering I work for the local shop. This box Is a leftover that was built and never picked up so Im trying it out for the meantime and was just checkn to see what has been the best for yall. We normally go with a rectangular port about 12" long and 3" wide but really dont have room for that so I was wondering who has had luck with pvc or aero's