PDA

View Full Version : Box builders in Hampton Roads, Va

JTriz87
02-16-2009, 08:52 PM
Anybody in the 757 who can build boxes for cheap? I need a box built for my 1989 toyota mr2 for one 10" kicker cvt to be placed behind the passenger seat.

I went to Go Ho and they want to charge me $250, which is cool and all, but I won't be able to afford that for another month or so, especially after spending half that on a sub and box.

My other option is to say "**** the passenger" for a month or two and throw the kicker box back there anyway.

So if theres anyone who can build me a decent sealed box (.8 cubic feet i think) in the 757 for less than $125 (carpeted), post in this thread or send me a PM, Im on the Peninsula but will drive down to southside if you can get it done in a day, if Im feeling generous I might even bring the bud light.

bonesninja
02-16-2009, 08:54 PM
i have some experience with Mr2 boxes...i built a pair of them for another member. I can build it and ship it to you for around that price.

bonesninja
02-16-2009, 08:55 PM
heres the build for that one...

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=360699

itssteve
02-16-2009, 09:05 PM
hey man i work at the go ho in williamsburg and i could build the box for you, just let me know, and who did you talk to, if i was you and was going to go ho i would go to the williamsburg one because JJ does really good work on stuff like that the NN store really doesnt do many boxes

JTriz87
02-16-2009, 10:00 PM
hey man i work at the go ho in williamsburg and i could build the box for you, just let me know, and who did you talk to, if i was you and was going to go ho i would go to the williamsburg one because JJ does really good work on stuff like that the NN store really doesnt do many boxes

i talked to JJ and I know go ho does really good work but I cant afford $250 on a box right now when I just spent half that on a sub and box. i actually have an appointment for him to build be a box and install my amp and sub this friday, but I think I'm gonna have to wait on the box and just get the installation done this weekend if it's gonna be $250 for the box. my passengers will just have to suffer for a few weeks.

i have some experience with Mr2 boxes...i built a pair of them for another member. I can build it and ship it to you for around that price.

looks like really good work but I would prefer to deal with someone local, but if I can't get this done locally you will definitely be my first consideration on ca.com