PDA

View Full Version : replace mb quarts

marleyskater420
08-22-2003, 02:21 AM
whats gonna replace my current mb quart 5 1/4 speakers that will add a little more full sound and more midbass but be able to get turned up full and not distort w/ bass boost on.they can only be 5 1/4 and they the ones in my sig.i run them off a ea3422 50x4

Bavarian3
08-22-2003, 02:54 AM
whats gonna replace my current mb quart 5 1/4 speakers that will add a little more full sound and more midbass but be able to get turned up full and not distort w/ bass boost on.they can only be 5 1/4 and they the ones in my sig.i run them off a ea3422 50x4

get compponents. Oh and did i read u saying "but be able to get turned up full and not distort w/ bass boost on". Bass Boost is the root of all evil. Turn that thing down all the way. Thats why u have distortion man.

marleyskater420
08-22-2003, 03:05 AM
get compponents. Oh and did i read u saying "but be able to get turned up full and not distort w/ bass boost on". Bass Boost is the root of all evil. Turn that thing down all the way. Thats why u have distortion man.
i dont have distortion.i just need more bass .i have comps now.i can only fit in 5 1/4 speakers in the rear doors.would another set of comps work?

Bavarian3
08-22-2003, 03:15 AM
i dont have distortion.i just need more bass .i have comps now.i can only fit in 5 1/4 speakers in the rear doors.would another set of comps work?

naww not really. 5 1/4 dont put out much midbass. Im sure some better than others but i think u should just go with some midbass drivers for ur rear fill.

JaJay721
08-22-2003, 02:31 PM
You have good speakers up front already. They are more geared towards highs, but they are good speakers. No sense in throwing them out and eating the money you paid. If you absolutely had to then get a different set of component speakers. If you have the room go with Capone's suggestion and throw in some mid drivers.

marleyskater420
08-22-2003, 04:30 PM
You have good speakers up front already. They are more geared towards highs, but they are good speakers. No sense in throwing them out and eating the money you paid. If you absolutely had to then get a different set of component speakers. If you have the room go with Capone's suggestion and throw in some mid drivers.

im happy w/ what i got now.ill keep them in.i wont change it for a while.

EarDrummin.
08-26-2003, 01:45 AM

He's right! Bass-boost is the shire spawn of Satan! Disortion! Death! You're equiptment will die!
(ask my unrepairable subs)

marleyskater420
08-26-2003, 04:39 AM
He's right! Bass-boost is the shire spawn of Satan! Disortion! Death! You're equiptment will die!
(ask my unrepairable subs)

i dont have distortion

maylar
09-04-2003, 02:22 PM
Kicker RS5's have very decent midbass for 5.25's and can be mounted coaxially. I like mine.

Meola
09-13-2003, 03:59 AM
I would listen to them when they say bass boost is evil. My buddy cranked the bass on his deck and then cranked the sub level and it actually fried his sub. Just know that you have to becareful when using bass boosts. As for the midbass problem just just a midbass driver and all will be well do not get rid of any MBQuart speaker...ever.

james33440
09-13-2003, 01:46 PM
My Infinity's sound great and have a good amount of midbass. You can only get some much midbass from 5.25"
:)