PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Camry + Cleveland, OH recommendation?

valnar
02-13-2009, 03:35 PM
Hi. I bought a "new" 2006 LE V6 Camry and compared to my previous 1998 Camry, the stock sound system is ****. I don't know why they changed it, but my stock 1998 speakers sounded good enough to keep for 11 years until I sold the car.

I am not interested in replacing the head unit, just the speakers (to start). Can anyone tell me what kind of speakers are in this car? It's a JBL with 6 speakers....or... 4 speakers and 2 tweets on the dash - not sure.

Also, I just want to upgrade it and be done. Can anyone recommend a reputable dealer in the Cleveland, Ohio area?

Thanks!
Robert

bangin_explorer
02-13-2009, 03:38 PM
DB Linc Designs in Parma. Jake is the **** and has great prices.

check this link out and look at some of the installs him and the shop does.
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/index.php?showforum=125

valnar
02-13-2009, 03:45 PM
DB Linc Designs in Parma. Jake is the **** and has great prices.

Cool. Thanks for the quick reply.

Can I trust his opinion, or do I need to have my speaker research done first?

bangin_explorer
02-13-2009, 03:49 PM
Cool. Thanks for the quick reply.

Can I trust his opinion, or do I need to have my speaker research done first?

no problem.

i trust his opinion enough to drop my explorer off to him and say do what you do. call me when it is done (if i needed to that is). if that helps.

he and the guys that work there know what they are doing. they are not like any "other" shop around here that just talks you into buying **** just to sell it. they are all guys BIG into audio, shows, comps, ect... they ain't the guys that just open a shop to make $ on ppl that don't "know" their stuff.

long story short, you can do research first if you want, otherwise they will get you taken care of and for a good price.

bangin_explorer
02-13-2009, 03:53 PM
oh by the way, check your pm box, i sent 2 phone #'s.