PDA

View Full Version : rsd questions

netzero
02-12-2009, 11:16 PM
I ordered my first set of comps (rsd's) and just had a few questions. 100 wrms per speaker plenty? Will these have more midbass then RE coax? And does it matter how far the tweeter is from the speaker? Just figuring out my plans for installing them. Thanks

Pl8er
02-12-2009, 11:19 PM
Personally, for all comps, I think it is a good thing to get the tweeter as close to the mid as possible, it just isn't always possible. That is why kickpanels are such good ideas. 100rms will be fine. I know people run more than that (i'm running about 135) just make sure your not clipping your amp...set the gains properly.

fordtough1
02-12-2009, 11:22 PM
I've run the RSD's on 75 watts per side in the past and they sounded great. I'm currently running them on about 200 per side and they still sound great.

netzero
02-12-2009, 11:25 PM
Hmm ok, well i dont think kicks are gonna work for me by the way i have wire run, what if i surface mounted the tweet like 4 in above it on the door panel?

and ya my power is clean, and set right now for 80 rms but ill re set later. Do you think they'll have more midbass then my coax?

Pl8er
02-13-2009, 12:18 AM
Hmm ok, well i dont think kicks are gonna work for me by the way i have wire run, what if i surface mounted the tweet like 4 in above it on the door panel?

and ya my power is clean, and set right now for 80 rms but ill re set later. Do you think they'll have more midbass then my coax?

Midbass is what the RSD's do best. You will be amazed.

James Bang
02-13-2009, 12:33 AM
i'm sure there is plenty of info on these already floating around on this forum just waiting to be searched.

netzero
02-13-2009, 12:42 AM
i'm sure there is plenty of info on these already floating around on this forum just waiting to be searched.

Ya I have searched, and have read a lot, but some is mixed feelings and just needed the two short answers. But I'm good now. Thanks guys, I'm looking forward to hearing my first comp set, even if they're not that high of quality.