PDA

View Full Version : Boston PRO60 and JL Audio XR tweets - anyone used both?

redcalimp5
02-12-2009, 11:57 PM
I'm deciding between using either a set of XR tweets or a set of PRO60 tweets active in a 2 way setup. Does anyone have any experience running both, and if so, what are your opinions of the differences between the two tweeter sounds?

I've heard the XR's before, and I really like their sound. I'll be giving whichever set I choose 75X2, and they'll be crossed at 4.0kHz, 12db/oct. I like crisp, clean and clear tweets.

okiedokie
02-13-2009, 03:17 AM
why jl or boston, you should look around more

James Bang
02-13-2009, 01:36 PM
where have you been man? instead of asking about speakers, I don't see you at our meeting listening to them

redcalimp5
02-13-2009, 02:28 PM
why jl or boston, you should look around more

Well, honestly, I like the sound of the XR's, but I haven't heard the PRO60 tweets yet. I've been running Rainbow mids and tweets for a couple years now, and I've heard a few others, and this is is what I'm interested in at the moment.

redcalimp5
02-13-2009, 02:29 PM
where have you been man? instead of asking about speakers, I don't see you at our meeting listening to them

LOL Yeah, I know man, I'd like to get out there again with you guys one of these weekends. Being jobless since 11/24 along with having a 6 week old baby boy in the house kinda puts a different spin on things, unfortunately.

When's the next one, anyway? Has it been posted on diyma?

James Bang
02-13-2009, 02:33 PM
LOL Yeah, I know man, I'd like to get out there again with you guys one of these weekends. Being jobless since 11/24 along with having a 6 week old baby boy in the house kinda puts a different spin on things, unfortunately.

When's the next one, anyway? Has it been posted on diyma?

dang. I hope everything works out for ya.

ygpm about the next meet (this sunday)

if you stroll by, you can check out my new tweets :)